Sunday, August 23, 2009

Let me just start off with apologizing for my absence for the past week. The truth is twofold: a. I don't have internet at my house and don't have time to have it fixed and 2. I'm just too stinking swamped at work to even use the internet for personal use. SOOOOOOOO, all that aside...I'm up at Brueggers using their internet and hope that this post won't disappoint!!

First off, I was talking with a friend (who really is the only commenter on here for the most part...seriously if you other guys dont speak up, this blog will be catered to the one and only Sara Caldwell!!), and told her that I had recently come across a bunch of pictures of homes that reminded me of her. She's just bought a house with her new hubby and they're into the decorating scene right now. I've known Sara for a really long time, but I'm still trying to figure out her style. For some reason, I think I'm imagining her house to be decorated very similarily to her mom's, which is GORGEOUS by the way. SO, Sara, if you see these and say, "ummm these are NOT me!!" dont take offense!!













Ok, so this one isn't really in the Sara category, I just thought I would slip it in. I just like it A LOT!!




If this doesn't scream Margie Whatley, I don't know what does!!






So, now that I've shown you some beautiful homes that I can continue to dream of, I'll kind of recap you on what all has been going on here!!
Well I can pretty much sum it up in several categories. Lets see....WORK, WORK and a little bit of life on the coast.
I guess that you get tired of hearing me talking about work, so I'll spare you (this time). In the tiny bits of time that I do have to spend freely, I've been down on the coast, getting sun and eating AMAZING food!!




For dinner Saturday, Alan went to a local restaurant, Angelo's, and picked up the most melt-in-your-mouth grouper I've EVER had. TO DIE FOR!!








And I thought I would just throw this in there. Makes me want to go to the Farmers Market.








And for dinner one night this week, I actually got in the kitchen and COOKED!! Its not too terribly fun to cook for one, but I'm learning. I whipped up the most amazing batch of Chicken Alfredo. Probably the healthiest thing I've ever eaten, I'm sure! So I'll share a recipe and for you food snobs out there, get over it. I like pre-made ingredients. Don't have the time or the patience to make it all from scratch.
CHICKEN ALFREDO
Chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
Olive Oil
Garlic
Margerine (I use fat free I can't believ its not butter)
Shredded Parmesan
Penne Pasta
Tony Chachara's Seasoning
Alfredo Sauce (yes the kind in the jar)
Start boiling your pasta with a touch of olive oil added in there. While they're heating up, start heating up your sauce on LOW, don't want to burn it!! In a separate pan, sautee minced garlic in some olive oil (If I were you, I'ld buy the big jar of it and keep this in your fridge at all times...you won't regret it!!). Let this slightly brown then add some more olive oil and margarine. Sautee the chicken on medium covered. Stir every now and then to keep them from burning and sticking to the pan. Drain the pasta and combine it with the sauce into the pan of chicken. Add some Tony Chacha's seasoning (whatever that's what I call it!) and parmesan cheese.
So as you can see, if you're on a heart healthy diet, this is DEFINITELY the recipe for you!! But its DELISH and tastes even better reheated!!
Ok so enough of this for now, I've got a boat calling my name!!








2 comments:

Sara Caldwell said...

ok so the bathroom pic is spot on!i love the subway tile and how to mirrors don't match. I think that sums up my style. Unique stuff that does match but "goes." i have gotten into vintage pieces over antiques to keep the place from feeling too formal. I wish i had a money tree so I could funish all our rooms to my liking! keep your eye out for lamps. I need 2 for our newly painted navy blue console table in the foyer. I want decent sized white glass bases that dont cost as much as a car payment. Let me know what you find. oh yeah and FYI i found my utopia in the form of the international farmers market in atlanta this weekend. we bought the most random and exotic stuff for next to nothing!! its huge with every fruit, veggie, meat, fish, cheese, or spice you could ever imagine. plus a nice selection of bread and chocolate among other things!
verdict: nice post

The Cobbs said...

I read your blog! How about posting some stuff about babies! ;) J/k. I really do love to read what you write. You make me laugh, and you have great taste!!