Sunday, August 16, 2009

Look what I enjoyed last night....



I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get much better than this. Me and the new Mr. went out on a sunset "cruise" and no lie, this is what I saw.



I'll remind you why my blog is called "Flashing Lights." K just bear with me...there's a reason for this sidenote. Have you ever been in a situation or point in your life where you just have NO clue what it is that you're supposed to do. And then, all of the sudden, you see something, or something happens and it just couldn't be any more clear than a sign with flashing lights around it, saying "this is what you're supposed to do." Ok, so that's where the blog name comes from because I'm quite the stubborn girl and really try to do things the way I want, which usually ends in disaster. So in order for the Lord to actually get it through my thick skull whatever it is He's wanting me to do, He has to give me these "Flashing Lights" moments.



Almost there...hold tight!! Well, last night I was out on the boat and the sky was beyond incredible and it was a tad bit chilly but I felt strangely comfortable. And I had one of those moments (Please don't think I'm too crazy). But it was then that I realized that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.



I'll just go ahead and say it. I was set up on blind date two weeks ago. Keep in mind this was probably 3 days after the final goodbye with Ryan. So, CLEARLY, it was QUICK. But I was just looking to have fun and not cry all the time, so I agreed. Well, so far so good. But the problem is, I've felt guilty all this time because aren't you supposed to go through a period of time where you take time to be JUST yourself and then move on to someone new? K the sappiness is almost over. BUT last night, had the flashing lights moment and now I'm feeling ok about being happy again!!


MOVING ON TO THESE BABIES...
I've found myself a guy who KNOWS how to wow a girl in the kitchen. Last night, Alan cooked these suckers for me and yall, they were INCREDIBLE!! So, Sara, per your requests, here is a recipe for you and the Mr. to try!! (**I have NO measurements so you're just going to have to wing it)

CRAB STUFFED SHRIMP
Large Shrimp
Crab meat
Ritz Crackers
Hot Sauce (your choice)
Mayo
Ketchup
Worchestire Sauce
sea salt
pepper
butter
sauteed onion
So its pretty self explanatory. Clean the shrimp and then split them down their back so they open flat. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (and of course add anything else you want). Stuff the shrimp and bake at 425 for probably 8 minutes.
Try it...they're DELISH!!

2 comments:

Sara Caldwell said...

LOVE that he can cook and thanks for the recipe! Tyler stuffs EVERYTHING! he is pretty good at zuccini (ritz makes everything better!.)He also likes to flatten pork chops and roll them with the a ritz, cheese, garlic, onion, oil and herb mixture. I figured i would share since we are on the stuffing topic! So with that, i say thank you and keep stuffing!

The Cobbs said...

All I have to say is that the new guy better treat you right or he might get a visit from me!!