Monday, September 13, 2010

If there was a pile...

This morning I whipped out the Uggs.

Let me just go ahead and say that you can save your comments. I don't need them one bit. I believe I've blogged several times about this. I love them. They aren't going anywhere. Literally. They'll stay in my house and that is it.

Anyway, that crisp breeze this morning just jump started me in a huge way to wanting to just throw out EVERY SINGLE piece of summer clothes and welcome everything fall into my way too small closet.

Let me back up for just a smidge. Last Saturday, Sassy and I decided to work off our delicious Greek lunches and take a fun powerwalk/window browsing trip to Lenox Mall. We went into several stores that left me in tears. Why oh why must I be on a budget? WHY!?!? And the one store that REALLY left this effect on me is Zara.

Maybe it was the actual color palette for their fall 2010 collection that drew me in or the major equestrian theme, I'm not sure. Whatever it was, I literally forced myself to leave.

Here are a few of my favorites...


My mom tells a really funny {yet sadly true} story about me when I was a little girl. I took horseback riding lessons for a few years. Truth be known, I really just wanted the outfit, helmet and boots. But I really did actually enjoy my stubborn "horse" Charlie. Let's just say that my instructor must not have seen potential in me. That or she saw straight through my motives and noticed how much I kept staring at all the pretty boots and helmets. Either way, she stuck me on the most stupid horse alive. He would poop every two seconds. But I didn't care. It gave me more time to imagine myself as this gorgeous hamptons girl riding her six figure horse in a perfect outfit. {You guys think I'm exaggerating. Most seven year olds don't do this...but I did} Anyway, the funny story comes in here. While I was doing all this daydreaming, I must not have been watching where I stepped. As my mother likes to put it, if there was a steamer pile within 5 miles, I would find it and step in it. Who cared though? I was seven years old with twigs for legs and spandex pants looked baggy on me. YEH YUH.
SOOOOOO....when I came across a table of riding pants in Zara, I literally fell in love. There is a pair of olive riding pants that WILL make their way into my closet. Ladies, think of them like leggings. Please cover the tush. NOBODY wants to see that. NOBODY.












You guys probably think I'm a nutso, but when I saw this, I had to hand sassy my purse so that I could try it on. It felt like butter. So soft and comfy. I LOVED THIS!!!!


1 comment:

Sara Caldwell said...

wait! i went to Zara in Lenox on Saturday!