Saturday, September 25, 2010

Recent additions...

I had several hours on a plane last weekend to study some fashion mags and very quickly realized I needed to do some MAJOR updating in the wardrobe department. I don't know if its the creative outlet that Atlanta is so well known for or if my style has changed, but I'm finding myself not really liking the traditional Banana Republic look anymore. I like individuality.

Here are a few pieces I've added {more to come whenever I get them photographed}.

I saw this necklace on someone's blog and fell head over heels for it. Even though its hanging on top of another necklace, you can still see how fun it is. And YES, I do layer it. Because too much is sometimes a good thing.
This top from Zara is just perfect. It is literally one of those pieces you can take from work to night in a snap.
I've been drooling over these pants for quite some time. You've probably seen all the celebrity sporting the $300 JBrand version of these in all the gossip mags. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE JBrand. I have a pair of skinny jeans from them and they are worth every penny. I only regret not buying the flair leg pair back in my Behind the Glass days. Anyway, they make a pair of skinny cargos JUST like these but the price tag is just ridic. So when Sassy and I went into Anthropologie a few weeks ago, I just wanted to see what the hype was about. I actually found a more reasonably priced pair. When I tried them on, I melted. They are by far the most comfy pants I've ever worn and believe it or not, VERY flattering. So, I thought it over for a while {because they are rather trendy and I have a rule about not spending too much on trendy items} and decided to make them mine.
I absolutely cannot wait to wear this top over some dark skinnies and booties!!
I have a pair of cowboy boots waiting to be worn with this!
Call me Kelly Kapowski, but I'm a sucker for a comfy oversized shirt that naturally falls off the shoulder. I LOVE it!!

No comments: