Saturday, June 13, 2009

A little Saturday Recap for ya!!

Mom and I got an early start around 7 am and got up and ready. Headed over to Starbucks for some coffee and muffins and sat outside enjoying the nice weather (**before it was 98 degrees today). Had a nice conversation with a guy in grad school getting his MBA who was sitting outside with his maltese/shit tzu mix puppy, Buster...So Cute!!

Got on the road for a minute or so then stopped at one of my favorite stores, Loli & The Bean. Picked up a Baby Shower gift I had ordered for my friend, Jenny and mom bought a few things for Mr. John Wells when he makes his debut in a few months!!

Then really hit the road to go to this quaint little town...


Thomasville, Georgia. And don't think this picture is deceptive. It really does look like this in Thomasville!! Straight out of a magazine picturesque is the only way I could describe the downtown area. These days, its hard to find old historic downtown shopping areas that are restored and up and running!! We had a blast going from store to store browsing. LOTS AND LOTS of antiques to be seen and lots of fun gift shops. Definitely heading back here sometime soon!!
Had lunch at a cute little cafe and got the best dessert...coconut creme pie (**although its not nearly as good as the one Mary Kate used to make. As I recall, we'ld ask her to make it for us when we were studying in college and she would right then and there. Then we'ld all get spoons and eat it straight from the dish!!).
Then after shopping there, we came back to Tallahassee and stopped at Fresh Market where we picked up a BUNCH of food I would never purchase otherwise, but Mom was buying and I happily obliged!
Also stopped by Publix to get the remaining necessities to cook the most incredible spread for dinner. Mom and I had a good time in the kitchen while all 3 dogs played and chased each other. We made homemade guacamole (my favorite!!), Parmesan crusted Tilapia, Butter Beans, Boiled Shrimp, Pasta Salad, Olive Loaf Bread with a Butter and Herb dipping Sauce and Fruit. I gained 5 lbs just looking at the table!! But it sure was yummy.
I told Ryan dinner would be on the table at 6 and sure enough I heard that loud truck of his drive up right before!!
After we cleaned up from dinner, we headed over to the one and Only Lowes where Mom bought me a new WASHING MACHINE!!! WAHHOOO!!! I also loaded up on some plants to add to my collection. Came home and then potted everything.



Look what I found... Someone hanging out in the garden section :)
All in all... a fabulous day! Lots accomplished and lots of fun!!




And now we're winding down for the day. Mom's busy doing some paperwork and little Lexington is right next to her sleeping soundly!!

No comments: