Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bring it on down...

After a ridiculous Friday at work, I've decided its time to do a post on some things that just make me feel good.

Let me back up.

Thursday night, I was dead asleep and at 11:30pm, my phone rang. I'm still getting used to my new phone {terrible decision to stray from the blackberry, by the way}, so I haven't learned to differentiate all the different ringtones. I thought my alarm was going off so I panicked. I looked and saw it said 11:30 but my coworker was calling. GREAT. I've slept in like 5 hours. I might as well just walk on over to the unemployment office. And then I realized it was 11:30 pm. So off to dreamland I went.

Fast forward to 6:30 the next morning. The same coworker called. Now, this particular lady NEVER calls me, so I'm thinking something must be terribly wrong. I answered and she's frantic.

Here's the conversation:
R: J., WHY are you calling so early?? Is everything okay?
J: No. Did you not watch the news yesterday??
R: Do I ever watch the news?? No. I was busy watching Real Housewives. Duh.
J: Yeh, that was a good episode.
R: I know, Slade is such a douche. And what's up with the all ganging out up Vicki and Brianna?? I'm over that Alexis.....
J: RACHEL!!!
R: What? I am!! She's over botoxed major!! And her husband is a skeeze.
J: No, shutup and listen to me!!
R: Jeez
J: So the Conference Center is closed
{sidenote, one of our big fundriaisers is in less than two weeks at this particular venue}
R: WHAT?
J: Yeh they're shut down. All 70 employees were layed off. Nobody had any clue
R: ummmm.....
J: Happy Friday!!
R: See you in "Purgatory"

So obviously, I started scrambling. Calling EVERY venue I know. BEGGING, PLEADING, pulling on the heartstrings. Fast forward to 10 am when my counterpart, aka Hines, and I make a mad dash to the 2 options we've boiled it down to. We finally talked one venue into donating the space for the day in addition to providing all the food for free. This is for about 100 people. We're amazing. We know.

We get back to the office feeling pretty accomplished and were asked, "so why arent they doing breakfast?" REALLY!!??!?!? Is it ever good enough?? I think it is. Personally, I'ld rather have a Krispy Kreme doughnut any day {which are already scheduled to be delivered the morning of} than some nasty eggs in a buffet line.

MOVING ON...

Here are a few pictures that just calmed me down. Because I desperately needed it.



Imagine my excitement when I saw this. A wall of ribbon. Oh I die!!

No comments: