Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feels Like Home To Me...

Since tomorrow is a holiday and I took Tuesday off as well, I decided to make a weekend trip up to Auburn to visit my little sister and all her buddies. Lots of memories always flood back as soon as I pull into town and this trip has been no different.

Apparently, I've been giving out a lot of unsolicited "real world" advice to Sassy and her sweet friends. I just can't help it. Being back in my college town, I can't help but look back and think about how I wish I did things differently now with the way life is now. And its just natural to feel a little bit protective of my little sister and her friends. I remember those days like they were yesterday. Feeling like the real world was so far out of reach and just living in the now. Living each minute to the fullest. Oh those truly were the days!!

Now, all my friends are scattered all across the U.S. and it takes an act of Congress to even talk on the phone to play catch up, let alone actually visit each other!! That's just how life is. But I can't help but be a little bit jealous! Don't get me wrong, I'm much happier where I am in life now and have NO desire to go back and have to go through all the growing up again. But it sure would be nice to share a house with my BFF's again. And have all your friends living within walking distance. And just show up whenever and hang out all day {it would be nice to actually just have the TIME to do that...simply hang out}.

I've had the itch all weekend to get work done. I loaded up LOTS and LOTS of work stuff so I won't be behind when I return to work on Wednesday. So this afternoon, after a leisurely lunch at Niffer's, I've claimed the Kitchen table while the girls "studied."

I've really enjoyed spending time with Sassy and her 2 friends, Mary Margaret and Gracen {see below}

Mary Margaret, Gracen & Sarah {aka sassy}

I'm pretty tough on Sassy's friends. Like I said, I'm super protective over her!! Sometimes I just wish I could protect her from all the mistakes and painful experiences she will encounter. But I know that there is no greater teacher than life itself. These two have made the cut in my book and THAT is saying something!! Thinking back through the years, I really can't think of many {or any for that matter} of Sarah's friends that I actually like. She's settling into being herself and I can't help but wonder if this group has helped her do this!!

And I absolutely cannot forget to mention that I had the joy of visiting these two last night until 1 am!!...


Jenny was and still is one of my best friends!! We used to work together. When I moved home, it was so hard for us to be apart. Now we NEVER get to see each other. That cute little pumpkin is her precious little boy, John Wells. Believe it or not, he is 6 months old and last night was the first time I ever got to meet that little ray of sunshine. I could write for hours about how precious he is!! He just laughs and smiles all the time and that smell of baby is just flat out intoxicating!! I don't know how she does it though. Just holding him for a while wore me out! But she's a natural and that baby is loved by his mommy and daddy more than life itself!!

No comments: