Sunday, February 21, 2010

Southern Living...

I used to think of the magazine, Southern Living, as a magazine for older ladies. Probably for 2 reasons: 1. I was a lot younger and more into fashion mags {which I clearly still am...just broadening my horizons these days} and 2. Years ago it was geared for an older crowd.

Not anymore. Everytime a new issue appears at Publix or Fresh Market {I spend WAY too much money there!!}, I have to purchase!!

Maybe its because I've been uprooted from my Southern roots. Whatever the case, I can't get enough of it!

And when I saw on this month's cover that the main topic would be Charleston...I died.

Can you imagine this being your front porch? The whole concept of Charleston is that everyone entertains. You can't walk down any street without seeing a setup like this. Porches are gathering places for friends to "Eat, Drink & Be Merry." It really doesn't get anymore southern than this!!
And of course every home is stocked with a chic bar in the event that a friend stops by. I like this idea. A lot.

And continuing with the "I'm dreaming of Spring" concept, here are some pictures of flowers that I've been drooling over in the past two issues.

The moment I saw this, I thought of my friend Sara. I don't think she would have 9 of these in one spot, but the concept has her name written ALL over it!!