Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Very Jealous...

This morning, as I was sipping on my coffee {brewed from my new programmable coffee pot, which I simply adore...by the way, how did I ever function without it??}, I stumbled across a new blog.

http://goodbonesgreatpieces.com/

And I'm dying here...

This mother daughter design team has me green with envy.

I'ld love to design beautiful homes with my mother for a living.

That would never happen because we'ld probably end up killing each other in the process {two strong personalities usually aren't a great professional mix}. But I'm super jealous that these two have the opportunity to do my DREAM job TOGETHER.

Lots of traveling to antique shows, lots of shopping and picking out furniture, paint colors. Lots of scavegging Flea Markets for the next best find to be updated.

I'm drooling over the possibility.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the daughter's first post-college apartment {which happened to be featured in Traditional Home magazine.

I'ld say the duo are on the fast track to MAJOR success!!

Now, to make that happen with my mom...


And because I'm a HUGE sucker for vanities, here is one that definitely did not disappoint. I don't know what it is, but I love seeing the way girls display their frilly things like perfume, jewelry and makeup. It just makes my heart smile!!

If there is a picture that would sum up my style, I'm pretty sure this is one of them. I love the mix of all different styles and textures here. A chair found on Craigs List that has been painted and re-upholstered. A dresser that looks as though its been in the family for years and has been refinished to stay updated. A neutral palette with little punches of color here and there. Clean lines. Lots of natural light. A beyond perfect lamp. Yep. I'm drooling!!

No comments: