Friday, February 26, 2010

A Whirlwind...

To say that I've been busy this week would be an understatement. Busy is good, don't get me wrong, but there comes the point when you've taken on WAY too much and its not so great anymore. Well, I passed that point a LOONG time ago, unfortunately.

I'll spare you all the boring details, but this past week, I've put 1000 miles on my car from work alone {HELLO Travel Expense Check!!!}. I've lived, breathed and slept MDA for the past 2 weeks. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but its far away. The busy season won't be over until March 17.

I really do hope that when the 17th comes and goes, I will have more time to do the things I want to do, like brushing up on my photography skills. My dad bought me these great books on lighting and all kinds of fun stuff, so I plan on diving right in as soon as possible. I also plan on restarting my daily walk session at Lake Ella with the dogs after work {and this means leaving the office BEFORE 8 pm}.

But here's how my week has looked so far...



I keep getting woken up by this guy {because I've yet to figure out my new phone}. And he's relentless. Every morning he starts yelling at 5:45 am. Its a good thing he's cute, otherwise he'ld be in the dumpster right now.
I did have the pleasure of seeing the beautiful coast yesterday, while on the road traveling. I went to Panama City, Rosemary Beach, Destin, Ft. Walton Beach and then back home. VERY long day that ended with me hitting a deer on a back road. Everyone's okay including the deer. Fortunately I saw eyes starring at me about 100 yards away. My volvo is very good to me and slowed down just in time. I think I was going about 15 mph when the deer literally ran into my car. It was extremely terrifying, to say the least. I hope Bambi is okay!!

And since I was in FWB for a few hours, I stopped and had lunch with this guy...
He's been in town all week so we've got to hang out quite a bit and play catch up. Don't go crazy now. We're just friends. Its crazy how different things are with us a year later, but the fun thing is we're just as good of friends as we always were. And THAT is an answered prayer!! One I'm extremely grateful for.

And one last thing.

Every morning, my favorite Christian radio station {KLove} emails me a scripture for the day. I know its the work of the Lord's hands, because it seems like EVERY single day, the scripture is exactly what I need. You can sign up for it too if you'ld like {www.klove.com}.

"Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 25:5

Here's to today being Friday!!!

No comments: