Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting In the Kitchen...FINALLY!!

I'm going to have to say it...I've caught the culinary bug. I don't really know how this happened, but I'm rolling with it! I was looking at one of my favorite design blogs http://newlyweddiaries.blogspot.com and saw this kitchen. I am officially OBSESSED!! I'll have to keep drooling because its a ways away before I get something this sweet. BUT in the meantime, I can make use of what I've got and put that cute little apron on (**thanks BTG) and cook my little heart out!

I will have to admit, ever since I've stumble across the Pioneer Woman's blog, I have found myself saying, "hmm what do I cook for dinner tonight?" You know, it used to be something more like, "hmm am I eating dinner tonight?" And if I said yes, it was "what type of cereal will it be?" I can't even explain how many times Ryan has lectured me about my "terrible eating habits." So you can imagine how happy he is that I'm FINALLY getting in the kitchen, cooking AND eating!

So why do I love this blog so much??

Glad you asked!! Because this woman has dumbed down cooking to the point that even I get it. And yall, that is saying something. I can go to the grocery store and say to myself, "ok this time, you're gonna get it right. THIS time you're going to fill your cart with food that will make MEALS not pantry fillers." And every time I walk out with the following: reduced fat wheat thins, cereal, crystal light, milk, cereal, bananas, pork chops, chicken and maybe some green beans. I'm dead serious. Its been a problem for YEARS. Ask all of my previous roomates!!

So when a genious does something like this:

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it!! I'm such a visual learner. I have to experience things to learn. I can look at this picture, go to Publix and come back with ingredients for a meal. I'm not gonna lie... I like that she has a website for cooking idiots like me. Someone had to do it. And quite frankly, I'm embrassing my ignorance. She makes me feel like its not just me that doesnt know how to cook. She even takes it to the extreme of showing each step like filling the pot with water. AND there's a picture with each step. IM LOVING IT! And for all you gripers out there, you can just print the recipes if you're a snob and are too good for picture recipes. Me personally...I like it!

And I'll tell you something else I think I'll like...

Chicken Spaghetti. How delicious does this look? I showed this to Ryan and he said "So when are we making that?" Do you hear that? That was a WE!!! This lady has my man in the kitchen now. I owe her ... BIG TIME!!! Does she have pictures for showing him how to transfer his dishes from the sink to the dishwasher?? Oh I'll save that rant for another day!!




And I just couldn't resist including this asian noodle salad. Its BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing!!
Good news Publix, I'll be spending a few more dollars with you now. Hope you're ready!!











































No comments: