Sunday, April 5, 2009

I know posts with pictures are more interesting, but I have temporarily misplaced my camera. I'm on the hunt for it, so hopefully I'll get some new pictures up here soon.

We've had a fun weekend so far. Friday night, Ryan and I had friends over for dinner and we all had a blast. Its become somewhat of a weekly thing for the three couples to all get together one night for dinner somewhere. Its nice for both the guys and the girls. They go off talking about their fantasy baseball leagues and whatever else guys talk about, and the girls get to be girls and talk about shopping and all the other girly stuff!

The other day, I was talking with a friend who may have to move for a job and she was talking about how it will be scary to move to a brand new place. I told her, yeh its scary and its hard in the beginning, but one day you'll be doing something not out of the ordinary and you'll realize, I fit in here! I had one of those moments probably a month ago. I think I was out running errands on my own and I started taking back roads (which says A LOT for me because I DO NOT know my way around this town...AT ALL!) and I realized, I'm completely content here. Its a really comforting feeling because for a while there I felt so out of place. I didn't know ANYONE here except Ryan and his friends and I desperately wanted my own identity here. But now I'm settling into a groove here and have friends of my own and I must say, its a good feeling!

To have a sense of belonging is something I craved for a while and now we have our group that I've grown to LOVE! Hopefully, we can all keep up our weekly fun!!

Yesterday morning, Ryan woke up at 4am to go to a triathalon here in Tallahassee. Surprisingly, only 2 out of the whole group participated. The rest of them (including Ryan) went to advertise their church's new coffee house. Poor guy was EXHAUSTED when he got to my house at 10 am and I was still asleep in bed. So we opted for an eventless day at his pool with Heidi and Jamey. Both of us are quite burnt. I figured, Oh I have a tan, I spent a week in Aruba. I should be ok.
Yeh right. My left shoulder is RED! Poor Ry, his stomach almost looks like Mom's feet did in Aruba. We're neck and neck with our competition on who is the tannest. I think I may start sneaking in trips to the tanning bed just for bragging rights!

Once we were all burnt to a crisp, we came in, cooked dinner and watched the Final Four games. It was really nice to spend time with them. We used to always spend weekends together but I've gotten busy and we've kind of just gone our own ways.

So, today should be normal Sunday. We've been to church, now Ry's swimming with his buddy Paul to get ready for his half ironman, then he'll play basketball. All the while, I plan on doing a little shopping since I didn't get to it yesterday!

Madison is pooped on the couch holding her tennis ball like a baby doll and growling when she hears cars. Just another lazy Sunday afternoon!

No comments: