Thursday, April 23, 2009

I've been seeing the tabloids mentioning the new first dog. And I wondered what kind it is. I cant help but say, this is the first thing Obama has done right....

No, this is not a political commentary. I think he's ridiculous and full of empty promises (like every other politician) and I don't see any "CHANGE" but us sitting in this slump we're in. Thats another post...that wont ever happen. I hate politics.

BUT...

I love this dog!!! How precious is Bo?? I'm guessing a labradoodle. And if the mix of those two breeds wasn't enough...look at his white chest and paws. I'm DYING... I want one!!! May 23 is only a month away for those of you looking for birthday gifts for me!! :)

In other news...work has been dealing with a lot of these this week:

Yeh right. Add on about 20 years and 60 lbs and thats the group of firefighters I've been dealing with. We're kicking off our Fill the Boot season aka my summer. And we're starting off with our biggest campaign here in Tallahassee.

You've all seen them. The firefighters stand on the street corners and collect donations at intersections. Ok, Ill admit, I used to HATE it when they would come to my window and I'm ashamed to say that. Because they are out there volunteering their time to raise money for kids who CANT walk and I was always selfish and said, "sorry I dont have any cash." Please dont be like I was. You're all going to start seeing them in your neck of the woods sometime soon.
Its time we all quit hoarding all our money to ourselves and give back. I can guarantee you that you would give all the cash you have in your wallet if you met the sweet children affected by these diseases. I cannot even imagine being a mother to a 10 year old child who needs a walker and has dietary restrictions, knowing he probably won't live to see 20. It makes me cry just thinking about it.
Sorry for that push for MDA. I'm completely passionate about it now. Its the hardest I've ever worked in my life and the most rewarding job in the world...hands down.
thats all for now...its almost friday!!! Gosh this week has FLOWN by!!!


No comments: