Saturday, April 11, 2009

So its early Saturday morning, and I'm still here...

Just under the covers without all the pillows...


Last night, Ryan and I had our own little barbeque. I have been raving about the Hotdogs in Aruba ever since I got back (** yes I said hotdogs and yes they were delicious). So, last night when Ry suggested we grill hotdogs, I quickly agreed. Nothing says springtime like whipping out the old grill!!

After dinner, we watched one of my ultimate favorite movies, Something's Gotta Give. I don't know what it is about that movie, but I love it more every time I watch it...and I've watched it ALOT!

Every time we watch that movie, I always remind Ryan how much I love that house. It is practically my dream!!

And for those of you who for some odd reason haven't seen the movie, which go rent it NOW, here are some pictures of the set design.

Ok, so I wouldn't pick that rug, but I'ld like to say that if I were to have a house this nice, I would decorate it VERY similarly to this. I like how clean and inviting this living room feels.

And lets be honest here. If I had this pool with these lounge chairs, I'ld probably be parked here 24/7. Ok, I might go in every now and then...Maybe.


And NOW I remember what started my love affair with this movie. Its the kitchen. I love the combination of white, black and stainless steel. AND the backsplash is subway tile...my favorite! This kitchen looks VERY similar to one I posted a few days ago. I think I see a trend starting here. That, or I know what kind of kitchen I want.
All this decorating talk got me to thinking. I love the beachy/homey/comfy feeling of this house, but I want to put in some more modern elements into a house one day. And then I remembered, I'm OBSESSED with the house in my other favorite movie, The Holiday. I'm almost 99% sure I read that the same set designer from Something's Gotta Give designed the set for The Holiday. And its very obvious. There is that same welcoming feeling in both homes.



A shot of the living room. I think its the white, black and tan that I love so much. No color overload. Just how I like it.


This kitchen is too modern for my tastes, but I had to post it because it is so pretty!





So every time they show the shot where Iris comes in the her new "home" for 2 weeks and sees her new bed, I ooooh and ahhh. Who wouldn't want to run and jump on this guy?? This picture does it no justice.

*******
Today, Ryan's parents are coming in town for Easter. Not sure what the plans are for today. I know Ry's running (2) 5K's just for fun this morning. When I asked him, "why don't you just go run instead of paying to run?", his response was, "For the tshirts and the competition."
Whatever...I don't get it. I do know what I do get. Its 8 am and saturday and I'm still in bed while hes out running and getting gross. I like my choice better!

No comments: