Monday, April 6, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Ok so its Monday so this is going to be a VERY random one...Bear with me!!

Just another crazy Monday...lots to do, not enough time! For a while there, I thought my place had been designated the official Championship Game viewing spot. So, while at work, I was making mental lists of things that needed to be done BEFORE 7pm. Yeh right. Fortunately, I've kept it clean from having friends over for dinner Friday night. Its the same group tonight, so its not like I could have them over with it spotless and three days later let them walk into a zoo (literally...Madison has ALL her stuffed animals out right now and if you've ever seen these, you know she's spoiled!). Well LONG story short, we aren't coming here (THANK GOODNESS!) so I actually get to enjoy my time after work today. Ryan's at Monday night triathalon training and I just made myself a VERY delicious dinner. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I HATE recipes. I'm way to ADD to follow them. I like throwing together a dish and the more I get in the kitchen, the more I'm starting to like the process of cooking. Tonight I made a pasta dish with grilled chicken, garlic and....CAPERS!!!

Yall, its a love affair! I cannot get enough of these gross looking things! I had chicken piccata at Crockmiers a few months ago and ever since then, I eat them as much as possible. I'm sure they're terrible for me, but I could care less. They are delicious!

See, I told you this would be random.

Just hold tight because I have a lot more!



Who's this you ask? OH just a little band I've loved for years and years called Rascal Flatts. Why am I blogging about them? Ummm probably because I've been waiting on them to put out a new cd for FOREVER. And tomorrow their new album drops. Cannot explain how thrilled I am. For anyone who has to ride in my car the next 2 months, sorry, this will be blasting AT ALL TIMES!


Back to food. Hey give me a break, its dinner time and I'm a one track mind type of girl. Friday I whipped up a batch of this goodness. Spinach Dip!! I think I got the recipe a few years ago when some friends came up to the lake and we did nothing but cook and eat for two days. Its really good, in fact the whole bowl was empty by Saturday, so I surprised Ryan with a new batch last night. Want the Recipe?
1pkg (block) Cream Cheese
16 oz Sour Cream
2 Tbspn Mayonaisse
1 Pkg frozen chopped Spinach
1 Pkg Knorr Vegetable dip seasoning
Its easier if you warm up the cream cheese to soften it up. Combine all the ingredients and let it refrigerate (best if its overnight). For display purposes, I use a bread bowl and serve it with wheat thins and pita chips. INSTANT crowd pleaser! :)




And last night, we had homemade fajitas...none of that prepackaged fajita meat for these kids. We sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell peppers (red and green) and fajita meat. And I was feeling super domesticated then whipped up a batch of guacamole. I LOVE this stuff. I could eat it every day, but I guess I shouldn't...its quite unhealthy!
AND IF THAT WEREN'T RANDOM ENOUGH...





I REALLY wish I could wear something like this to work in. I live for comfort these days. I used to get decked out and dress up for work. HAHA not now!!


Bought these yesterday. I'm obsessed! I will go buy them in every color!!








And these too! Bought these in blue and this green. I've turned JCREW like no other! Whatever, I live in Florida, its way more relaxed here!
HAPPY MONDAY!!




















No comments: