Tuesday, April 14, 2009

LOTS AND LOTS been going on around here, but I'll have to keep it short and sweet. Someone has waited until the LAST minute to do her taxes and will be working on those tonight...oops!!

Procrastination is my middle name...perhaps the reason why it took me such a long time to graduate college.

BACKING UP....

Saturday afternoon, we headed over to Heidi and Jamey's for some Nelson family time. Ryan's parents got in around 2 and we sat around and talked (rarity with them...its always GO GO GO!!) for a while. Then Heidi and her mom went off for some mother/daughter shopping time and I opted to stay with the boys...aka work on the laptop while they played pool.

Turns out, the Nelsons are big Easter people. Heidi and her mom really get into Easter...REALLY. They were so sweet and got us all gifts, including the dogs. I got a fun tote bag and beach towel (soon to be used at the pool I'm sure), and Ryan got a 30 day pass to a local pool facility for him to work on his swimming for his tri's.

The fun part about it was how it was all so secretive. I guess it was fun because my family has never done presents for Easter. My mom has always felt strongly that Easter is about one thing and one thing only. So we've always gotten candy and nothing else. I can't help but think I'll be the same way when I have kids one day. Its so easy to forget what the REAL reason is that we celebrate Easter. Its not about the new dress or the big meal. Its about the ULTIMATE sacrifice Christ made so that each of us can spend eternity with Him.

But all that aside, the gift was fun and totally unexpected!! Then, Jamey's family came over for a big Easter lunch. And when I say big, I mean it. I mean 13 lbs of boston butt cooked in the smoker, 5 sides, 3 appetizers and drinks...lots and lots of them! **Apparantly I missed the memo that there is a Sweet Tea Flavored Vodka. Yall, I'm a sweet tea connoseur (sp??), and I'm not going to lie... I liked it...A LOT!

Anyway, the day was fun. Fun and tiring. I slept VERY well Sunday night!

Yesterday, I returned to another busy week at work. I swear, they just go by faster and faster each week! We had an event at the capital on the 22nd floor which was pretty neat...got to see all of Tallahassee. Not gonna lie, its quite the pretty town that high up in the air!!

And then after that, I trekked it over to Publix to do a big round of grocery shopping. I am so proud to announce that I bought food for MEALS! This is some major progress for me. Of course the one time I pick to buy a whole cart full of groceries is when the bottom has fallen out and its raining cats and dogs...seriously! (Monsooning...DECK!) Fortunately, I had a hungry helper waiting at the house for me who was generous enough to get soaked to bring in the food. And the best part was...I walked in to see...get this... Dinner COOKED on the table and waiting on me. Now THATS what I'm talking about!

Got a new haircut, registered for an awesome AVEDA raffle worth $2500 and helped out the environment while doing it. AHHHHH its been a good day.

Now to those stupid taxes..........

No comments: