Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cards...

I don't know about you, but I take Valentine's Day rather seriously. I always have. I remember spending WAY too much time picking out the cards when I was a little girl {Strawberry Shortcake or Hello Kitty??? TOUGH decisions!!!}, not to mention the HOURS I spent hand picking the cards for my classmates. I went to a small school where everyone knows everyone. The slightest hint at flirting and it all hit the fan by 3:15 carpool line. And now I just want to know one thing...where was this when I was 8??

Then again, I'm pretty sure I would have deliberated way too long with this as well. And if you're anything like I was, I read into EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of the cards I received. Little did I know that NONE of the boys even spent 2 seconds with their cards. So little Frank didn't have a crush on me, his momma just gave me a sweet card!

Well the Valentine's Day parties are definitely a thing of the past, but don't you worry. I still celebrate. Always have, always will. I know its the most over-commercialized holiday known to man, but still. I think its fun to take one day a year to tell the ones you love just that. I'm definitely a words of affirmation kind of girl. The more I hear praise, the better I feel {and not in a vain way}. So I love to pour out that same affection to my friends and family!

If I were made of money, I'ld go ahead and invest in nice Valentine's Day cards this year for all of you. But money doesn't grow on trees and there are bills to be paid. So, instead, how about an early preview for what I would send??
Insert a picture of the two sweetest little rascals in there and that would be my top choice. How can you not LOVE two sweet adorable pupsters??
Or maybe, if you're into candy, this would hit your mailbox! I don't care for the chalky things, but to each his own.
And if you are one of my GIRLY girlfriends, you would receive this. Because lets be honest here...Valentine's Day is so cheesy and girly. I don't normally get into that, but one day a year won't hurt!

Snow update {as if you are interested, haha}: STILL there! And I'm STILL at home!! I braved the roads for a trip to Chickfila this afternoon and almost cried about 4 times with the close calls I had. So, this girl is parked at her kitchen table ONCE AGAIN. Please send yummy food. Soups and frozen casseroles make me want to puke {sorry mom, they were good earlier in the week, but I need some variety right about now}.

No comments: