Monday, January 24, 2011

THE 500th...

I've never really felt pressure to really THINK through a blog post before posting it. But this one is different. I mean, its the 500th post, which I think says a lot. So I decided to really do this right and start from the beginning to do a fun recap of all the silly things I've shared.

When I started this blog, I had NO idea what I was doing nor the direction I wanted this blog to take {"WELL...sorry to disappoint, but I have no precious children to post pictures and stories about. I do, however have an extremely random life and 2 adorable dogs to show off...hmmm....this is guaranteed to be interesting!" AND "This is a learning experience for me. You know when God is trying to tell you something, almost to the point of putting a big flashing light in front of you? I see flashing lights everywhere!! I am so bad about trying to do things on my own and this is a hard time for me. I can't control or predict my future and its really getting to me. OK GOD....you have my attention!"}

So I started off in the heat of my job search for my first job out of college. I mean WHOA how things have changed since then! I went through the ringer looking for a good job as much soon to be graduates do. I went on interview after interview and even flew for one. But it wasn't meant to be {thank goodness}. I was disappointed, but oh how I'm glad that didn't pan out:).

I started to figure out how to post pictures {thinking I had an audience, which I did NOT} and posted my votes for a graduation gift.


And then I GRADUATED!! Never imagined that would actually happen and I still have dreams that it never happened.

Let's see...two weddings in two months and a new job, so June 2008 was rather eventful to say the least.

And then I somehow discovered that NOBODY is interested in a play by play of my boring life. So I came up with the idea of a post on my favorite things.

And that was fun. What was even more fun was posting some FABULOUS closets

I got disheartened with the work world:
" I'm learning lessons in real world issues right now. Work has been the most amazing teacher I've ever had! I've laughed, I've cried, I've gained confidence in myself, I've lost that confidence and wondered what in the world am I doing with my life, I've made friends, I've lost friends. I've learned what I really want in life, whats important and what is not. I've put to action everything I've been raised with. I've been asked to do things I know are wrong. I've been asked to do things I know aren't wrong, but don't want to do."
And whoooa that sounds familiar later on down the road!

And then I made the roadtrip that would change my life forever. More on that to come :)

And then I fell head over heals in love with J.Crew again.

And then I knew I was in love when I dropped WAY too much money on a plane ticket for my new boyfriend to join us on the family vacay to Aruba. That and somehow agreeing to do some home renovations on his house just to see him.

And then I experienced my first triathlon {spectator only}. Annnnnd that was interesting!

Went to 6 flags with my 2 favorite people in the world.


Tried to use pennies in a coke machine. That was by far my most shining moments.

Got a new job to move to Florida to be with this cute boy I was head over heals for!

Was not impressed at the Florida vs. Florida State game.

Watched Ryan and Madison's love affair begin. And its such a sweet relationship. Makes me smile EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I see him surprise her when he comes in town.

Had Christmas with the family.

Started decorating my new place. It was hideous, I get it now!



Listed a lot of things you may not know about me

Took a weekend trip to Destin.

Had my first Florida War Eagle Moment

My friend Sara became a Caldwell

Went to Aruba
Got suckered into the Florida way of dressing

Became obsessed with The Pioneer Woman
Worked my hiney off. Wait that sums up 2009-mid 2010 just in general.

Realized I REALLY like finding decorating/interior design blogs

Got suckered in to Polyvore

Stumbled across Cupcakes and Cashmere {my FAV blog!!} and decided to grow out my hair!

Welcomed Hudson to the crew

Had a doggie play date with cousin Wyatt

Took my absolute FAVORITE picture ever!!

Spent the Fourth of July at the Lake and mom fell in love with little man


Started picking up the pieces by going to the beach...A LOT

Fall came and went

Acted silly at work and actually predicted the future for THE team in orange!!

Fell in Love with Charleston

Played Martha for Christmas...

Madison found the MOST obnoxious dog toy in the world which she bolts to the minute she gets in my parents' house.

Started salivating over the Belgian Brickmaker's Table

Waxed poetically about my Friend Tiffany Clemons
Was accused of owning Stripper Shoes

Interviewed my BFF Lisa

Changed the look with new lamps

Had some houseguests

Megan's post was one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES

Started deciding my life was boring and needed some sparkle

Sara got the CUTEST dog ever!!

Surprised mom with a photo shoot of her kiddos


Moved to my DREAM city!!

Celebrated 4th of July in Atlanta with Ryan {and several of you started to get suspicious :)}

Fell in Love with this little man...

Found the Will to my Grace...

Started the monthly flight schedule to visit THE most handsome man in the world!

Finally broke the silence and shared that this one is all mine :)

Got new living room furniture

Fell in love with Auburn all over again

Christmas was wonderful


It snowed and I became a hostage of my apartment because of it for days.


And then here I am. For the ZERO people STILL reading this: bless you child!But really, in all honesty, I can't believe how much life has changed since the beginning three years ago. I just hope the next three I can look back and have the same reaction: WHOA.




3 comments:

Megan McKenzie said...

Awesome Post!!! You left out all of your wonderful beauty tips though. You changed the way I look at Vaseline. Its not just for chapped lips and to remove eye make up, I now know. I bought a travel sized vial {is that the right word} to ensure I would never be without. And dont get me started how your Bare Minerals obsession became mine as well. Bless you, Flashing Lights!

The Howell's said...

LOVE this! And, yes, I did read the whole thing. :) So happy for you with where you are right now!!

gretchen said...

happy, happy, happy 500!
www.thefashionablefoodie.com