Thursday, January 27, 2011

One glance...

For about 3 years now, I've been painfully growing out my hair. I've had to exercise EVERY SINGLE ounce of self control all this time to not allow more than a trim to hit the ends of these locks. I've been tempted numerous times when I see a precious haircut that would cut my drying/styling time in half. And as time drags on, I get more and more disgusted at how QUICKLY I go through conditioner {and considering the fact that I only use it 2 or 3 times a week, its even scarier}. And I have exhausted all the styling tricks that cut down on my time spent in the bathroom in the morning. And if that wasn't enough temptation to chop, my stylist now charges me an extra fee for the length. Neat.

But all it takes is one glance at a do like Emily's from Cupcakes and Cashmere...

And all my whining and temptations hit the road. Hi my name is Rachel and I'm a long flowing hair -aholic. I can't say no to it. So no new "it 'do" will change my mind. I've got probably an inch to go until my hair reaches my ultimate goal and will stay at that length. And no, I will not be cutting it to donate {sorry I'm philanthropic, but not with my hair}. And no, I'm not doing this because I may get married sometime in the somewhat near future {I hear/see that WAY too much and too many times these girls look so ridiculous they should sue}. I'm doing it because I can and I love it.

No comments: