Sunday, January 16, 2011

House Beautiful blues...

Its no secret that I have a really bad obsession with House Beautiful magazine. So this month's issue no doubt put me in a good mood immediately. I've picked it up, read through it and put it down to come back to it later about 4 times so far.

One thing that REALLY caught my eye was an article about re-decorating a living/dining room in a 9am-5pm time span. I thought that it would only be a little re-arranging, but not so. In fact, this team was actually able to completely transform this room with a whole new look. A look I really like, actually!!

The Before:
The room has a lot of built in character if you ask me. The built in bookshelves, the fireplace, the floors...very charming. But it has that "I just moved in a few weeks ago" look to it. And I know how frustrating that look can be, which is why I am CONSTANTLY re-arranging to avoid this at all possible.

The After:
While I don't think I could pull off the blue, I really like how bold they went with this color throughout the room. Another thing I like...all the patterns. Some times too much is just perfect! And I just can't help but love the new layout of the room!
And then another home's renovation caught my eye. Yet another room full of blue. Maybe I'm missing a memo or something??

The Lamps, oh the lamps. I can't put into words how much I like those!

No comments: