Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nauseatingly Real...

I declare today as my first official day of 2011.

What? Like I can't ever call the shots for myself at least??

I woke up WAY too early to drive Ry to the airport to catch his 6AM flight {ahhhemm I will be in charge of booking flights from now on}and spent a good portion of the day in bed catching up on some much needed zzz's in between sneezing/coughing & crying sessions. Needless to say, I was really feeling sorry for myself. Like, keep the blinds closed, ignore the phone calls and ignore my growling stomach...that kind of mope.

I'm not going to sugar coat it and say the typical blog comment {I'm so happy to have the love of my life back, blah blah blah, we're so blessed...even though we live on opposite sides of this country at the moment} because to be honest with you, I struggle with that. I always wonder what it feels like when someone says, "we're so incredibly blessed."

I mean, I get it. I know what its like to be blessed...I just went on and on about it a few posts ago. But that typical facebook/blog comment I see way too frequently really baffles me. I just really wonder if all my friends live in a world where they wake up everyday and at some point they step back and realize "God has really blessed me." I'm going to say no. But if facebook and their blogs say they are, then it must be true. Right?

Whatever. Maybe I'm more of a realist. With me, you will get the raw honest truth 100% of the time. I'm not a sugar coater. I'm not a suck up. I'm nauseatingly real. So yes, I confess: today I had one heck of a pity party. I said it. I dressed up to the nines in my new fabulous Loft leggings and a comfy tshirt, forced down a piece of leftover pizza and got lost in a Real Housewives of Atlanta marathon.

Somewhere between Nene getting up in Dwight's face and Phaedra claiming she had no idea what her baby's due date was, I decided it was time for me to leave the party. Lets be honest, nobody wants to be the last to leave. I threw on some fun boots, a grey striped Hepburn-esque shirt, a grey grandpa sweater and wrapped a lilac sweater around my neck and said "ENOUGH."

It was at that point that I declared that 2011 will be a good one. I already see challenges ahead but I can also see their pay offs. So after a trip to Target, I sat down and made a list of things to accomplish this year. This isn't a resolution list not even a bucket list. This is just a list of things I want to do this year. Curiosity get ya yet??

1.Learn to coupon.
I mean REALLY do this 100%. I hear stories from people I know about how they bought $150 worth of groceries for like $8.23. I'm in. 100%. I just need some SERIOUS help on how to do this! PLEASE lend me your advice!

2. Get more involved in my church.

3. Complete a triathlon.
I said it. Insert your comments here ____________________.

4.Actually cook. Healthy and yummy meals.

5. Learn to be content with the here and now {BIG doozie}.

6.Watch the news.
I read it daily at work, but I want to actually watch the 6pm news.

7. Incorporate more concerts into my schedule.
{I mean, I live in ATL, there are some AWESOME bands that come through here...ahmmmm Needtobreathe is my ultimate fav and they're opening for Taylor Swift, who is clearly already sold out. Anyone with tickets to sell...call me!}.

8.Add the final touches to make my house feel like a home.

9.SAVE SAVE SAVE.

10. Take one fabulous vacation with my fabulous guy. We're working on it.

11. Christmas shop all year round to avoid blowing the budget at the end of the year.

12. Send hand written just because notes.

13.Continue to grow out my hair. :)

14.Treat myself to a me date once a month.

15. Keep climbing the corporate ladder.

So there it is. My list. Some are more ambitious than others. But they're all things I'm dying to do. So here goes.

What's on your list??

No comments: