Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Its a Random One...

Is there anything more perfect than sitting outside while the sun sets on a BEAUTIFUL spring day? I don't think there is. Ok maybe if I were soaking up some rays on an island somewhere or maybe trotting all across Europe with my best friend Lisa {keep reading for a fun new installment on Flashing Lights}.



The other day, I saw this picture of this "office" and just about melted in my chair, right then and there. I'm dying to get some new furniture, but I'm having to be conservative these days and pay off some bills. DANGIT...being young and financially challenged {a nicer way of saying broke} is for the birds!!

Moving on...

I would now like to announce a new installment here on Flashing Lights that I've contrived in order to keep things fun around here!! So for all you regular followers, DO NOT be surprised when you get an email requesting your answers to questions similar to these!! Its fun okay??

Every now and then, I'll throw a Wild Card in and we're going to call it "Talk to me Tuesday" {shutup Sassy, you guys make fun of your cool older sister enough!!}. Basically, a fun interview from some of my buddies to break up the monotony around here!!

Shall we get started?? I think we shall!!

Meet Lisa.


Also known as LK, Leslie, Oh Hey Leslie, Charlene, Melissa Jones {to the Europeans} and probably many many more names if the truth is known. She's my absolute BEST friend {outside of my Sassy of course} and I have the most incredible amount of respect for her!! After her health failing her completely this past fall, she has slowly traveled a rough road and has kept the best attitude along the way. I cannot even fathom being in her shoes and am just honored to have such an amazing person as my best friend. Thankfully, she's close to being in remission and the Lisa I've known for MANY years is making a comeback. She's starting to get fiesty again and our phone conversations are getting more frequent and hilarious, if I might say so myself!!

A little background info on how we became friends. Lisa and I used to work together at Behind the Glass {for all you Auburn grads out there}. If you didn't have the privilege of going to Auburn, Behind the Glass is the coolest store in town. It sells the best clothes, accessories, gifts, home decor, etc. you will find in probably Alabama!! Just imagine a smaller boutique version of Anthropologie. Yes, we're talking that amazing!! Anyway, Lisa had worked at BTG for a while when I started working there and I was the rookie. I always thought she was way too "out of my league" as far as the coolness factor goes when making friends. But when an open room became available in my apartment in Ross Park, she moved in and we just CLICKED immediately. That summer was hands down the most fun I've EVER had!! We would start planning for the weekend the Monday before. Lots of trips to Atlanta to party and LOTS of hilarious stories we still laugh about to this day!! I wouldn't trade that summer for ANYTHING!!

Fast forward to July 25, 2008. I was living in Montgomery at the time when I decided to make an impulse trip to Tallahassee, FL to visit my partner in crime. I hadn't been social in FOREVER, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and head to Tallahassee {or Tallanasty as we like to call it}. Little did I know that this impulse decision would change my life forever. This picture was taken that night right when I just met Ryan {he's actually the photographer...thank you Rusto}.
Get OUT of our picture Henglert!!

So THANK YOU LESLIE for that!!

I'll speed this up because you probably don't care, but this is just plain fun for me. And wait your turn, I'll do a fun post like this for you one day too!!

The other thing I should mention about Lisa is that she is part of the famous trio...
AKA "The Leslies"

Leslie is the other lovely lady pictured in this old as dirt photo. When the three of us get together, all kinds of trouble happens. Trouble that I can't elaborate on, but I will say there have been an infinite amount of laughs, pictures, sharpies, randos, etc. that this group has had. And fingers crossed, the end of May we will have some more!!


Just thought I'ld throw this one in there.
OH HEY NATE!!

And can I just add in there that all these photos are old and Im disgusted at how gross I looked!!

Ok so moving on to the interview part and then I'm spent. I found these questions on someone's blog last night and sent them out to my besties. Lisa was first to respond, so that's how she gets to go first.

And we're off.

1. How old do you look? Ummm I don't know but I've heard 23 or 24

2. Where do you live? Well I've been living in Florida since college until I got really sick and moved back to Bama temporarily to recover.

3. Are you waiting for something? Always. But right now waiting to be in remission!

4. What’s one pet peeve of yours? Liars and Cheaters ~ can't stand em!

5. Do you want/have kids? I want kids at some point. Problem is, I'm very selfish and want certain things for myself first before I start sacrificing for my offspring.

6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion? Not really I'm definitely Christian but I have thought about considering other denominations.

7. Last shocking news you heard? Frank got married!!!

8. What was the last thing you drank?Lemon-lime Gatorade

9. Who do you most look like in your family? Hmmm, I get told I look like my birth father quite a bit.

10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be? Perfect health!

11. Where does most of your family live? Arab, Alabama

12. Where did you grow up? Arab, Alabama

13. Where do you want to go on vacation? Anywhere in Europe, hell I'd even live there!

14. Have you ever had a panic attack? Nope

15. What can’t you wait for? The Oh Hey Leslie Reunion in Austin!!!

16. What is your biggest regret? Give me regret if I can still have all the good stuff in between

17. Want someone back in your life? Yes, I do miss the good times with Cliff as much as I wish i didn't...things would be much easier

18. What do you order at the bar? Usually beer...blue moon!!

19. When was the last time you cried really, really hard? 3 days ago

20. Ever licked someone’s cheek? Not that I recall but there were a lot of blurry nights in college

21. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter? I'm not a huge peanut butter fan but I do like reese cups

22. Where were you on July 4th, 2009? This is really sad but I don't remember, I do remember being pathetic and wishing I was with cliff

23. What are your nicknames? LK, King, Lise

24. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go? If I could go back and live it again definitely college from start to finish!

25. What is something you are passionate about? Well to say I have a greater appreciation for life is an understatement. I strive for good health first and foremost. Then to living life to the fullest and finding my purpose, whatever that may be.

*****
Love you Leslie!!!




1 comment:

Allison and Ryan said...

I NEED that long gray table. There's a vintage white one at a local flea market that I've wanted to buy for a while. I may have to spring for it if it's still there, and paint it that color gray. It's perfection.