Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Evening Dreaming...

I have to pick out an outfit for something a few weeks from now. I can't really give specifics, but it is definitely going to be one of the best surprises I've ever done {not to be mistaken with Sara Caldwell's "surprise birthday party" I gave her when we were in 6th grade...but that's a different story with some incredibly embarassing footage I have on DVD I just may share one day if you're lucky. By the way, I still like to call you by your maiden name, but its been a year, so I'm adjusting...somewhat}.

ANYWAY...

I was asked earlier what I'm going to wear and then it dawned on me. I don't have the SLIGHTEST idea. And even though I can't give out specifics, I can tell you that appearances are EVERYTHING for this. So what I'm wearing is probably one of the most important decisions that go along with this event.

So of course it got me to thinking. Amongst all the piles of spreadsheets, reports, notebooks of shamrock trackers, commitment summaries, sponsor correspondences, emails, etc., I found myself daydreaming. At this point more like like early evening dreaming, since it was around 6:30 pm. As soon as I got home and let out the pups, I plopped down on the ikea sofa and went to town on shopbop. And boy did I find A LOT. If only I had that much to spend...

Here are the things I'm dying to have. In true Flashing Lights fashion, these will not be labeled. But if you want to know the designer of any, email me, because I did save them...I'm just being lazy tonight:)


HOLY romper!! I really like the idea of this. Not sure about the silk. But the idea is growing on me, only with sandals. Probably some gladiators.

Good grief I'm a sucker for a shirtdress.
And this one doesn't disappoint.
Matter of fact, this who getup is right up there on my MUST have list.




I'm not a Juicy Couture Junkie, but this laptop case is just T.D.F.!!






No comments: