Sunday, March 21, 2010

Friday Purchases

I've stayed inside the majority of this weekend, soaking up all the Stella and Dot goodness I need to know. I wish I would have actually gotten out of bed yesterday and enjoyed the insanely gorgeous weather because today has been rainy/overcast. But watching Swiss Family Robinson in PJ's is probably just what the doctor ordered!!

Anyway, Friday after work, I went to the mall for my payday shopping spree. And by spree, I mean $100 budget. I don't know what it is, but it just is therapy for me I guess. Anyway, I stayed WAY under my budget and bought these 3 things at Forever 21.



It seems as though every top I pick out from Forever 21 has a racer back.
And this one is no different.
But I can tell you this...it looks INCREDIBLE with skinny jeans!


This picture does this fun summer dress ZERO justice!!
It is incredibly cute on!!
Paired with the correct accessories...it is just fabulous.


And I have to confess. When I saw this, IMMEDIATELY I thought of Alexis on Real Housewives of Orange County. Now, I'm pretty much the most ANTI- Alexis fan out there, but I have to admit it...DANG the girl looks good, especially when she tones it down and goes casual!! Anyway, I tried this on with white jeans and it just is perfection!!

**Sidenote, here is my opinion about Forever 21 {if you care}.
I am a firm believer in buying quality clothes. I would much rather have a French Connection top than a cheap immitation. BUT I also believe that there are some items that are simply trendy and these are the ones that I will tire of before a season is over. I cannot justify spending bookoodles of money on a top I will want to wear no more than 3 times. AND I also believe in mixing these fun items with the nicer pieces in my wardrobe. I would NEVER wear head to toe Forever 21 because this is how you look like you bought a cheap outfit. When I shop there, I always pick separates that I can envision working with the nicer pieces that I own. For example, the stripe top, I immediately thought of 2 pieces I already own to pair with it {white James Jeans and white French Connection shorts}. I think it balances the outfit out. Basically, Forever 21 quiets my urge to shop frequently without breaking the bank.

Don't forget about this week's awesome Stella and Dot giveaway {the post is below this one for details}. I've changed it up somewhat to help you increase your odds of winning, so read the rules again. Spread the word. I want everyone to join in on the fun!!

No comments: