Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 am brainstorms...

018

Last night, I decided that I was going to get in bed ON TIME. I haven't done this in several weeks. I blink my eyes and its 10:30 and I'm watching TV while surfing the www.

We have a schedule around here. Little Man, aka Hudson, is like a child. He plays as hard as he can, then come 8PM, he magically loses steam and fights it until the end. This is when I usually go through our ritual of him hugging Madison before bed and in his crate {or fort as we refer to it} he goes. YES, I'm talking about a dog just to clear that up if you're new around here!!

Well, last night I was getting into bed {enjoying my fabulous new lamp} and I looked up to see the saddest eyes starring at me. Hudson normally is asleep by this time, but last night he seemed to look at me and wonder why he wasn't allowed on the bed. I've explained to him many times before that he is a banchee and will not sit still enough to be granted these rights. I've always hoped that one day he will settle down then he can join me with Madison {big sister dog}.

So, last night I gave it a chance. I knew it was going to be difficult. He was out of his element and I expected a somewhat chaotic night. Within 5 minutes, he became extremely observant and barked at every single sound. I decided to let it go in hopes that he would settle down, which he did...for a while. At 2 am I heard him playing at the foot of the bed and when I woke up, he had jumped down and was playing. Good try Hudson, back to the fort for you!!

So all that time I had to sit there and listen to him bark/growl before I went to sleep, I kept getting ideas for an upholstered coffee table. Now you may recall my post a while back talking about my search for an affordable lookalike to the Belgian brickmakers table that I would kill to have. Megan found me and amazing alternative and I still want it, but just haven't taken the plunge yet for some reason. Well, last night all I could think about was how I need one of these...

Foot_Stool

Of course the fabric selection would be something that would take me a while, but I'm imagining either a mild geometric print or VERY subdued Ikat. Here are some more for your viewing pleasure!!

otto4

8de6869b-73ea-4f70-88a0-2e0a20a9abab_493x693

And don't forget about the Stella and Dot giveaway. Make sure you read the rules for how to increase your chances!! I received all my start up stuff yesterday so orders are ready to be taken!!

No comments: