Thursday, March 4, 2010

Get In The Kitchen Young Lady...

I need some help.

I really enjoy cooking, but NEVER can think of what to make.

The problem all starts at the grocery store. I usually end up coming home with the following:
coffee creamer
milk
cereal
2 packets of chicken
bag of lettuce
granola bars
bottled water
2 gossip magazines.

Now, I have TONS of food in the pantry like seasonings, pasta, canned items, etc. But not really much to actually make a MEAL.

AND

Its not really fun to cook for one.

BUT

Its way too expensive to eat out all the time {and by that I mean one of the following: Chickfila, Fresh Market Chicken Salad, Hopkins' Chicken Tetrazzini Salad, or the incredible sushi lunch buffet at Kitcho}.

AND

I KNOW that I could go down ANOTHER size if I would lay off the Chickfila {which, P.S. would be a record for me. I would actually be smaller than I was in high school...LOOK OUT!!}.

So, I've been begging my coworkers for some meal ideas and grocery lists.

To make the cut in my book, meals need to be fairly simple. I don't like recipes that involve too many steps like measuring, whisking, sauteeing, etc. I like the easy 8 ingredients or less, 20 minutes or less prep time-type of meals.

So, lay on your suggestions!! I need all I can take!!

And going with the theme of getting in the kitchen, enjoy these pretty kitchens I think I would actually measure, whisk, AND sautee in!!





P.S. Today's the LAST day for this week's fabulous giveaway. If you want to enter, scroll down two posts and sign up. The odds are in your favor!!

1 comment:

Megan McKenzie said...

For some reason the link I want to send to you isnt working when I copy and paste it. Ugh. Technology.

Ill email you the recipe. Its for lettuce wraps. And dont be intimidated by the ingredients list. All you do is measure and mix. Simple as pie.