Sunday, July 27, 2008

A few miles...

I wondered if all I needed was a little getaway and I would be re-charged to give work 150%. Well, I was right. I took a half day off on Friday and spent 4 hours in the car driving to Tallahassee. I usually despise long car rides, but this weekend was actually very pleasant. I got a call from an old friend I haven't talked to in FOREVER which got me through the long stretch of boring highway (thanks Whitt!!). I got a lot of thinking done about so many things and now Im ready for reality again.

You know, I don't know how we ever functioned without these little GPS beauties. Maps?? No thanks, I've got a sweet British woman who likes to tell me where to go and at times YELL at me because I made a wrong turn. Im not upset I won't be hearing "RECALCULATING!!" for a while! I get so irritated with that lady. She only wants to yell at me when I'm mid conversation with someone. I think I almost threw her out the window a few times, but she gained my trust back when I arrived at the exact house I was going to.

Something that I had forgotten I had was my old outdated ipod. I got it for my 21st birthday from my boyfriend at the time and I thouht it was the coolest thing ever. Poor thing doesn't get too much attention now (sorry Blake). Its in my console for when I go to the gym and I never never never use it because, honestly, my itunes leaves a lot to be desired. I usually listen to the radio or a cd, but I figured I would bring this little one out for pure entertainment and see what OLD songs I have on there.
I came to the realization VERY QUICKLY that its time I invest in some new music. Problem is, I don't have the time to sort through istore and find new bands. BUT, I went to Target tonight and bought one of these little gems.

I have to avoid using the debit card for that because I have no concept of money when I swipe cards and how easily I can lose $100 on songs in an hour.
So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for new bands!
The secret's out...I know there are some lurkers out there and its about time you speak up!

No comments: