Monday, July 28, 2008

The Plastic Was Delivered

Back up to Tuesday of last week. I was soooo incredibly stressed out with everything at work that I basically lost the ability to think like a rational person. I hadn't slept in 3 nights because I stayed up worrying about so much...so you can imagine how focused I was at that point.

I woke up at 2 am PETRIFIED that I had left my purse at work. Now, to most people this doesn't sound like a big deal, but at the time it was for me. We've had issues with theft after hours (we have to lock our laptops at night), so imagine the thoughts going through my head.

I was convinced that the 12 hours my purse sat unattended at my desk that I would have my identity stolen, and ruin my whole life. YEH I know, it sounds ridiculous now but at the time it was VERY real to me. So, fortunately I had my credit card statement and was able to call and cancel it along with my debit card.

NO sleep that night because I'm thinking to myself, "You are such an idiot, your SSN card is in there, have a good time living in the projects for the rest of your life."

OK fortunately, the cards were canceled with NO purchases on there that I didn't make so I was a little relieved about that.

And here's the funny part. I walked to my car the next morning (yes, of course 10 min late), and what do you think is sitting in the back seat. YES MAM...my sweet little HOBO was sitting there starring at me saying, "Hey Stupid, I've been here all night."

Well, I was without ANY form of payment except check (which is basically as good as a cassette tape these days) for all this time until today.

Very smart, to go out with $300 cash in your wallet. Smart Rachel...very smart.

You can imagine how thrilled I was when I got home to see a BIG envelope from Wachovia.

Let's just say I put that little beauty to work today after work.

OOOPS!

1st Stop: Dick's Sporting Goods
$150 on workout shirts...no shorts...just shirts....I know, Im not too proud of this

2nd Stop: Dillards
Marc Jacobs Sunglasses....ok I've been needing sunglasses desperately because all mine are scratched or broken and Im in the car all day, I dont want a squinting wrinkle. I figure if I buy a NICE pair, I won't lose or mess them up....heres to hoping!!

3rd Stop: Palm Beach Tan
Guess who was the idiot who signed up for monthly tanning package that is drafted from my checking account. Well, at least I'll be tan.

Glad you're back debby, because I missed you.

No comments: