Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've mentioned before that I have a slight obsession with OCD organized closets. I don't understand how so many women out there can function without being organized. The way I am in the morning, not being able to find something is not an option. Its 7:42 and I HAVE to leave in literally 2 minutes before I hit the traffic wave that makes me late for work. I'm standing in my robe staring into my closet and hopefully have thought out what I will wear so I know exactly where to find it, can grab it and be dressed in 30 seconds! I've organized a few other people's closets and made a system for them too and I was told it made getting dressed so much easier. I did this for my sister and I think it lasted maybe 2 days.

In the latest copy of Domino magazine (August 2008), there is a short but sweet story about a woman who needed help getting her closet organized. She had lost sight at what to wear, what she had and what she needed. After White-Starr Aesthetic Consulting came in and performed an intervention with her, putting outfits together was no longer a chore, but now a joy.

The Consulting Firm explained to her the necessity of going through her closet and trying EVERYTHING on. I'll be the first to admit that I am a clothes collector. Throwing anything out of my closet is very difficult to me because I have that thought in the back of my head that many women have, "I may need this one day." The truth is, after working 3.5 years in a boutique, I collected quite a bit. I became obsessed with wardrobe basics. I have every color tank tops and I stopped counting my white tanks at 10. All my clothes are mostly solids because its so much easier to mix and match this way. But the truth is, I only wear about 25% of whats in my closet now. Partly because A LOT of my clothes are weekend wear and not office appropriate. But there is still a large amount that still have tags (2 years later) or haven't been worn for numerous reasons.

I can't quite part with all of this yet because I really enjoy looking into my closet. Its a vanity issue, but still. I keep it super organized...everything has an exact place. Ask my sister. She's tried to sneak a few things to borrow and was immediately busted when she tried to put them back without being caught. I'm obnoxious about my closet, but its mine and its how I function best.

ENOUGH about me...


Here are some pictures of celebrity closets I can only DREAM for!!!


Nicky Hilton.
Her house was featured in Domino Magazine a few months ago. I like the glass door concept.


This isn't a celebrity's closet, but DANG!!!



Jamie Lynn Sigler.
This closet remindss me alot of mine because her shelves are jam packed with folded items and the racks are neatly organized.

Kim Cattrall.

She has quite the shoe collection!!


Speaking of SHOES!!

Maria Menunos.


And the Mecca of all closets, only to be competed with by Kimmora Simmons, Mariah Carey's closet.

We've all seen the episode of cribs.

AMAZING.

No comments: