Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Devil Wears Prada??

Girls, remember when the Kate Spade and Prada knockoffs craze happened in junior high? I certainly do. I remember begging my mom to be like all the other cool moms and get on Ebay and bid on my Kate Spade Sam bag (two toned-grey and black....you know you remember these rectangular bags!!) and the Prada small messenger Nylon bag. You would have thought I had won the lottery when these BOTH showed up wrapped in my birthday gifts. And much to my surprise they came with certificates of authenticity. Basically, my mom is such a stickler to the rules that she insisted on buying something that wasn't hawked and imported illegally and she probably paid full price in the end and could have simply gone to Saks Fifth Avenue and not dealt with Ebay.

ANYWAY- I was OBSESSED! I used the Prada bag for a while there and it came in so much handy the two times I went to Europe.

I was on Saks' website today and they had this picture of their fall Prada items being showcased. You know, I appreciate designer items for their quality and design, but I'm practical. Im not paying over 150 for a pair of heels or more than 300 for a purse. UMMMMMMMMM if I was raking in the big money, I may have to change my tune though. Because............




"HELLO LOVA!" (Carrie, SATC)

I mean, really.

Thanks a lot Prada.

I'm quickly starting to miss my boutique days where a 50% discount meant, new wardrobe every season.

These are AMAZING!

This sucker is what did me in. I'm drooling!


This little peach has been on my wish list for about a year. I saw it in the prettiest merlot color last fall and it was love at first sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While on the Prada theme, I just want to make a little comment. I'm pretty sure I work with a wannabe Miranda Priestley.

"Ok, hmm....tomorrow, I'll walk in and throw my coat on my assistant's desk and later demand she go to the coke machine and bring me a coke to put in my super sized McDonald's cup"


REALLY?

from now on, he will be referred to as Miranda :)



No comments: