Wednesday, July 23, 2008

That Storm is Gone

First of all, I'm beyond disappointed with the way the last post turned out. It took too much time to do, which is why I just left it the way it is...SORRY

The past few days have been so stressful and draining. I'm learning lessons in real world issues right now. Work has been the most amazing teacher I've ever had! I've laughed, I've cried, I've gained confidence in myself, I've lost that confidence and wondered what in the world am I doing with my life, I've made friends, I've lost friends. I've learned what I really want in life, whats important and what is not. I've put to action everything I've been raised with. I've been asked to do things I know are wrong. I've been asked to do things I know aren't wrong, but don't want to do. Its been what Kelly Clarkson calls a Beautiful Disaster (ONLY cheesy moment for today! )

Like I said, this week has taken so much out of me. I've been so stressed out with issues at my job, that I havent been able to sleep, eat, talk, function. The tension kept building and building until my moment of realization this morning. I realized its time I stop accepting what I'm being told and handle my issues without letting someone take care of them.

Something I truly have struggled with since I can remember is confrontation. I HATE it!! I will defend myself when confronted and have no problem doing it. But, starting the confrontation...not gonna do it. Sadly, I've lost a few friends because of this weakness. But with the help of my new friend CeCe, I've gained the confidence to face the HUGE problem I had head on. No more relying on someone else to fix the problem. And after a 2 hr meeting with the problem, I now feel such a feeling of accomplishment. I stared my fear straight in the eye and just flat out conquered it. Now everything is mended and feelings are sparred.

All it took was encouragement from a good friend to show me I have it in me. Thats all it took. Someone to show me that I have the strength to overcome something that has controlled me sooo many years. I'm truly grateful for this!!

I don't by any means think I've solved all of life's mysteries, but I do know this...I've grown up so much these past few months. Life has a new meaning to me. I've been LIBERATED (ahahahaha Im sorry thats for you Lisa King!!).

Another fun post will follow this, I just wanted to put a little heart felt post in there at some point so you can see I'm not as shallow as it looks!

No comments: