Friday, July 18, 2008

I personally find it very entertaining when people post their wierd/funny work stories. Because quite frankly, its stories like these that help me realize that I'm not the only one who encounters wierd things.

SO, without further ado....a little recap of my interesting day at work for you!

I HATE four-legged fridays (2 people in a territory making calls together). I hate them for numerous reasons, one being they are wastes of time because we're always sent to other territories. NO THANKS! I don't want to bust it for someone else because I know they aren't doing it for me.

ANYWAY

Today was "Four legged Friday" (yes its a stupid name). I told my boss I wasn't feeling it and would jump off a cliff if I got stuck with a certain someone. Fortunately, I got paired with my boss but I knew there was a catch. Guess where we were off to for the morning??

GHETTO MONTGOMERY ALABAMA!!

And when I say ghetto, I mean shacks for houses, clothes drying on bushes covered with kudzu, people sitting on porches (when they should be at work), no air conditioner in ANY building, lines for soup kitchen, keep my phone on speed dial to 911 at all times in my hand GHETTO.

Oh Rich, he thought he would teach me a nice little lesson about being so outspoken about how stupid Four Legged Friday is. He drove and I wish there was a camera with us to document the whole experience.

First Stop: Salvation Army.
HEY homeless people everywhere! It smelled beyond rancid in there. When the program director met us, I almost laughed because I was greeted by a 400lb woman with a wig and she had on PANTS and a thick JACKET! MAM???!?!?! I know I'm being mean, but still.

Moving on to H&H Bait Shop.
Sad thing is I'm not making this up. Sign on the door read "Anyone carrying a bag will be asked to leave immediately. If that wasn't enough of a sign, the bars on all windows might have helped. PS there was a HUGE cooler full of crickets....no cover...they're just hangin out...hoppping around. "Here's my business card....you know what, nevermind."

Next Stop: Montgomery Boxing Club
This one did me in. We walked into a "gym" with 98 degree heat. And it smelled like a rotting armpit. Rich asked me to join him next Monday at 6:30 pm to follow up on the call. My response, "You're right."

we done yet rich? NOPE

Moving onto the Waggon Wheel Cafe.
yes you read correctly. I was greeted by Stacy...stacy had a few teeth missing.

Next Stop: Bad Boys Garage
I wish I were kidding. I have no comments for this except this will not be running.

You ready?: Dewan's Fish Fry
YEA

And so, when asked to rank these 1-10 on liklihood of new accounts, I not only laughed, I got creative.

Like I've said before, I'm learning a lot about life.

Next step: punch Rich in the face. HAHA just kidding...it kept me away from the enemy!!

No comments: