Monday, July 21, 2008

Thanks alot TBS



Stepmom


Still my all time favorite. I cry EVERY time!





How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days



There was a Christmas Break that my sister and I watched this at least once a day for 2 weeks straight.





Uptown Girls



Yet another of my therapy movies. I've watched it OVER AND OVER so many times!!








You've Got Mail



I actually always used this one as a background to when I had to study. Im wierd, I know.






Under the Tuscan Sun



Such an encouraging movie.






40 Year Old Virgin


Makes me laugh every time. I'll quote this one with MK until the day I die.



The Devil Wears Prada



As cliche as it is to put this on my list, I'm a girly girl and this movie is basically like taking ecstasy for me!! HAHA





The Holiday



Jude Law....thats all I'm sayin



Two Weeks Notice



love love love it!!



You know what I can't stand?









I can't stand watching movies adapted to be on TV. At least, the movies I've watched repeatedly and know when things have been edited out.









I'm really bad about finding a movie I love and watching it OVER and OVER and OVER. I remember in high school, my therapy movie was Legally Blonde. For whatever reason, my mom tapped into this right off the bat. Whenever I had a bad day or was upset about something, a Blockbuster copy of Legally Blonde would appear in my room. After a few (more like 20) times of renting this movie, I received it as a gift for Christmas. And STILL to this day, I can watch this movie and quote it start to end.









So when TBS decides to show it, and they leave out scenes, not only do I know it and get perterbed, it messes the movie up for me.









Prime example. My ALLTIME favorite movie (although may soon be replaced or in a run off with The Holiday) is Stepmom. When its on TBS they edit out crucial scenes like when the mother (Susan Sarandon) is waiting on Isabell (Julia Roberts) to bring the kids home from a party. It's fall and shes sitting out in her yard surrounded by all the leaves and you can almost feel how cold it is. Right before they drive up, she's shown smoking a joint because she's dying of cancer. OF COURSE TBS cuts this scene and understandably so, but the thing is, this is the whole turning point of the movie. When Isabell starts to show that she not only wants to be the Stepmother, but actually loves the children as her own and their mother has to come to grips with it. Its amazing and it gets the boot. Thats my rant for the day.









But while I'm talking about movies, I thought I'd list my favorites. The list could go on and on, but these are the ones I've watched 10+ times.





What are your favorites?














No comments: