Thursday, January 28, 2010

"PS, This Is Austin..."

So I'm devoting this post to the Auburn celebrity, affectionately known by many as T Clems, Tiff, Tiffster, and most popularly Tiffany Clemons.

T Clems, this bud's for you!!

Since she gave me the kindest "shoutout" {take me back to my Blake years why don't you}, I thought it only right to return the favor. She is new to the blog world {thanks to my extreme campaigning} and I have a feeling that her blog will take off WAY before mine!!

Anyway, how do I know this hot asian {BACK OFF I'm not being racist, we've called her that for years and she doesn't mind...right T Clems??}...

n7002334_36470831_6988

Well it all started the day she began to work at Behind the Glass. I remember some loud obnoxious energetic girl with the cutest outfit on working when I came in for my afternoon shift. Of course, with a boutique of all college girls, it is overflowing with estrogen and the claws always came out. Just the nature of the game. So we were all very protective of each other. It was part of our identity. We were affectionately known as "The BTG B*****s around town" Now, I'm not saying I'm proud of this, it just came with the territory of working in the best clothing store in Auburn.

I remembered being TERRIFIED of shopping there before I worked there, so I was determined to change that once I started my job. After weeding out several people {who will remain nameless for kindness purposes}, the store started to get a more welcoming feeling. So, the day that T Clems started working there, the fun REALLY began.

I don't remember too many specifics, but I do know we hit it off immediately over the intense love of quoting Napoleon Dynamite. Before I left, I remember telling her we needed to be friends on facebook {which was right when FB came out and it wasn't something you really talked about...we all were on it, but it wasn't cool to discuss...weird I know}.

It was history from there. Lots and lots of goofing of at work. Lots of getting in trouble. And lots of convincing people to buy things they really didn't need. And for T Clems, lots of Tiger Card purchases. That girl knew the exact HOUR that Tiger Card rolled over and she was buying her items on hold the minute she could!! She was a Bodega HERO before Sky Bar took over. And then she became the Sky Bar hero. She was brave enough to wear a prom dress to the bar on Valentines Day night and another time walked around with toilet paper stuck to her shoe just for the reactions. And she's the only one who could pull this off! Gosh I love this girl!!

But now, the hot Asian {who continues to swear off fries}lives in my dream city, Austin, Texas. I couldn't be more jealous. Literally!! The other lovely pictured in that dinosaur of a picture circa 2006?? is my other college BFF {another BTG girl} and she just happens to live there as well. Seems to me like I have a calling!! If only Lisa {yet ANOTHER BTG girl} would move there too, we could all open a store and re-live our glory days all again!

Anyway, I'm beyond pumped to spend the day with you Saturday BOYFRIEND!!?!?!?. The camera will be out at all times and I hope you cause some sort of crowd entertainment. Just saying!!


**For those of you who didn't have the priviledge of going to Auburn, I do apologize for your loss and not understanding some of the references in this post.

BTG = Behind the Glass {the clothing boutique I worked at for almost 4 years}
Bodega = coolest bar in Auburn where the cool kids went...Taco Tuesday anyone??
Sky Bar = Death of bodega and birth of 18 year olds getting into the bar {except for that skeezy bar, Highlands}

And now everything has changed since we were there. My sister is probably reading this saying, "Highlands, what the french is that??!?!?"

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm obsessed with you. K THANKS.