Sunday, January 24, 2010

My table...

Ok blogging buddies, I need your help!! I hope some of you are up for the challenge! I am in desperate need of a new coffee table. The one I have now is from Ikea and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the design of it, but in true Ikea fashion, it isn't the best quality. It has rocked whenever touched since the day I got it. But I've always had plenty of other things to spend money on, so I've never gotten around to having it replaced.

I absolutely love the simple design of it and just wish there was a way to reinforce it so that it didn't rock every time I put my glass on it, much less brushed up against it. At one point, there was talk about having it welded, but to be honest with you, I'ld much rather just get a replacement rather than forking over $100 to have a poorly constructed table "fixed."

So I'm on the hunt for a replacement. I have to stick to my ongoing theme of life {VERY budget}. I'm thinking no more than $250. I know, I'm not giving you much to work with, but there has to be someone savvy out there who can take on this challenge!!

What am I looking for? I'm up for several styles, but there are a few requirements. I do want a spacious table top to house magazines, books and a potted plant. It needs to be rectangular. I don't want a solid wood table. I like the look of different textures. It is nice to have a glass top, but not required.

Below are some ideas of what I like.

I mean this would just be a dream come true! Another blogger gave several of these away in a contest a few weeks ago. I wanted to enter the contest, but it would have required me to submit pictures that hundreds of people would vote on. And my budget house doesn't measure up to the other designer homes listed.

BUT I LOVE this look!!

I really like the metal against the glass. It looks old but not in that Shabby Chic way. I'm not into the distressed look these days.

You'll have to look hard, but the table in this living room is almost perfect!
I like the glass top because you can see the rug underneath...which is one of the reasons I like the one I have now. Because you can see the rug beneath.

But if I can't have a glass top, this one would come in 2nd place for perfection.
Very simple lines.
{not quite a fan of the feet though...I like very clean lines}
Squint hard again.
Here's another simple design.

I know this isn't a coffee table, but the base is great!! This is what I'm looking for somewhat.


I'm not opposed to the idea of two smaller tables side by side like the picture above.


Here's my dream table again!!

I know you guys are out there. I find someone new everyday who is following this, so please speak up!! If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I'm not opposed to the idea of putting a little elbow grease into a "previously loved" table. Basically I want something sturdy, so if it takes a little work to get it back to the point of aesthetically pleasing, I'm ok with it.

2 comments:

Megan McKenzie said...

Hey Rachel...
I havent had long to scour the internet, but when I saw your "dream" table (which is mine as well... i LOVE LOVE LOVE it)and then you said you wouldnt mind using two smaller tables, I immediatly thought of this from cb2
http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=114&f=2463
Its a little over your budget, but just a little teeny tiny bit :)
As I get more breaks in the day, I will continue my search.

Megan

BTW, do you like the look of lucite/acrylic tables?

Megan McKenzie said...

Just saw this one too. If the legs are too shiny, I am sure that someone way craftier than I am could reccomend a paint treatment you could apply

http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=114&f=3439