Friday, January 8, 2010

"You must be DYING!!"

I've been in need of a pair of black boots for a while. I've held off for quite some time simply for the fact that I live 30 minutes from the beach. I've figured, its Florida...no need to invest in boots with 60 degree winters. Well, Mr. Weatherman would surely urge me to rethink my theory. These days I'm lucky to feel my feet if I'm not sporting the Uggs. Flats just aren't cutting it.

So when I went shopping last weekend with a friend, I found these...


Well kinda. They were on a poster and I just HAD to have them. Of course they were nowhere to be found, so I just thought it wasn't meant to be. I went back today and just thought, what the hey, I'll ask about them. A nice little old man {who clearly works on commission} was beyond eager to find my size. Apparantly, there aren't enough pairs left to keep them on the floor. Lucky for me, they had my size AND these suckers were MAJOR on sale. We're talking in Rachel's budget on sale {which says A LOT!!}.

They fit perfectly and felt just as heavenly. Probably because the brand is Naturalizer. Alright before you even start with the "you're turning into an old lady" comments, here's my take on it. They are SO cute on and nobody will ever know they were originally in the clog section.

I took these suckers home and immediately started trying on outfits, all of which I'm DYING to wear now {deck that one's for you...a little Will & Grace for you!}!!

I had to limit myself to only these. I was uber-tempted though. Remember these...



Well I found a pair that are VERY similar ....

Of course I tried them on just to dream. The little old guy probably thought he was about to make bank here. But I declined with tears in my eyes {no not really, come on now}. I will, however, wait for these to go to the sale rack, which is when I will snatch them up!

No comments: