Friday, January 22, 2010

I had quite the response to last night's post...both good and bad. First I was informed that I was being somewhat of a show off. And then I was asked about the jewelry {which will be the remainder of this post}.

First, to address the bad commentary. I by no means hope that I come off as arrogant. I blog as an escape. I love reading other people's blogs {ALL KINDS} and I get daily inspiration from so many different ones. I especially love fashion blogs. Hey, I'm a girl and I like style. Its not vanity, its a hobby. So please never mistake my posts of the things I've bought or had for forever as me bragging. I'm just wanting to share ideas with those who want them.

ANYWHO...

A friend of mine asked me about my jewelry collection and where I buy jewelry. My response is multi-faceted. Half of my jewelry comes from my days of working in a boutique in college. Its safe to say that 90 % of my earrings came from Behind the Glass.
My favorite brands were as follows: Anne Koplik, Kipepeo, By Boe & several others I've forgotten the names. If you google these, you can easily locate websites that still sell these brands. One of my newer favorites is Diana Warner. I believe we had just picked up that line right when I was on my way out. Anyway, if you ever see me post pictures of vintage looking earrings, there is a 99% chance they were Anne Koplik!! DEFINITELY check out her website!!

And then I have a ton of Target purchases. Usually I opt for necklaces, rings and bracelets from there because I don't like wearing cheap earrings. My ears are super sensitive.

Here's a recently posted picture, but the earring in the background is Anne Koplik.

And then I'm just a HUGE sucker for Forever 21 finds. Yeh, I said it. Forever 21. Last Friday, I went on a spree and just loaded up, all for under $25, on fun things. Again, I stick to my rules of keeping the earrings at minimum. Of course you get what you pay for, so expect rings to turn fingers green {simple remedy: coat the inside with clear nail polish} and necklaces to break. But when a $4 necklace breaks, my heart doesn't...usually.

So, I went on their website today to see what I want now and here are several pieces I could definitely see hanging in my collection. Keep in mind ALL pieces are under $20!!!


I'm really into layering bracelets right now, so these cuffs are fabulous. And no I don't mean layered together.
You can find a lot of vintage inspired jewelry in Forever 21. I usually add this style jewelry to a beachy/chic outfit or simply black outfit just for fun.
And since I always carry bobby pins with me wherever I go, these are definitely going high on my list!!







One more thing. I'm really dying to have a shoulder bag like this...

worn across the body with a casual outfit. Um YES please!!

No comments: