Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Had a FABULOUS day yesterday catching up with my friend Tiffany in Destin. We spent the day doing the girly things I used to be so good at doing with friends and have recently abandoned...shopping, go to the movies and sushi. It was just the perfect date {minus my poor outfit planning}.

I was pumped to have something to actually put an outfit together for {that wasn't work related}. All my new purchases have been hanging in my closet just waiting to be worn, so the decision was tough. No, I wasn't curing cancer, but it was fun nonetheless.

When I left the house in cuffed skinny jeans, a grey & white striped tank and a jersey grandpa cardigan complete with silver sandals, I thought "I may be jumping the gun here, but its 70 degrees out so here goes." Of course the temperature began to drastically drop as soon as I bragged about the fabulous Florida weather. By the time I reached Destin, it was down to 46!! GREAT, I'm going to freeze!! I guess I had forgotten how fickle weather is in January!!

Anyway, as soon as I got to Tiff's house, I spotted her sporting a super cute outfit: Jeans, cute flannel button down, Toms and this...

OH I DIE!!! My eyes instantly were glued to her Marc Jacobs bag.
I've been drooling over bags like this that are so casually worn across the body.

As we were shopping, we came across a FABULOUS store that sold these bags.
I have a new obsession.
All things Marc Jacobs.
Example A...

I should have known years ago that I would fall head over heals for his pieces.
I had the most fabulous pair of his sunglasses that were STOLEN in Target.
I'm still upset about that!!

Oh and one more thing. All over facebook, people are having fun with the Doppleganger game. I don't speak any language other than English and Spanish, so I had NO clue what this was about. So of course I looked it up on Wikipedia and here's what I found. "In the vernacular, the word "doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person."

I'm not a vain person, so this game isn't fun for me. But we were talking about this at work the other day and I was told I resemble these two...

Ok, I'll take it!! I've always heard Jennifer Garner, mostly because the movie 13 Going On 30 the girl that plays the 13 year old Jenna looks A LOT like I did when I was 13. And she looks like what you would imagine Jennifer Garner to look like at 13. I personally don't think I resemble her, but if it means a Ben Affleck is around the corner waiting on me, yes please!!

And the Kate Beckinsale... that was a new one. One that I was extremely flattered and made nervous at the same time. A guy that was working for us a few weeks ago, went on and on about how I remind him of Kate {as if he knows her??}. Probably the majority of this was that I was his boss and he feared his job was on the line. Whatever, I'll take it {even if he drew eyeliner on his chin hair and eyebrows}.


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

HELLO! I just wanted to let you know that I usually order my Marc Jocobs stuff from www.piperlime.com. they have a TON of cute shoes, clothes, jewelery and BAGS! and they always have great sales definiteyl not cheap but on sale nonetheless is better than no sale!! check it out!