Sunday, January 24, 2010

Be Jealous...

Be jealous...

Jan 24

Rain / Thunder / Wind
Rain / Thunder / Wind

N/A
54°

70%

Mon
Jan 25

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

66°

Tue
Jan 26

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

64°


Wed
Jan 27

Sunny
Sunny

62°


Thu
Jan 28

Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

69°

Fri

Jan 29

Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms

68°

Thank you Mr. Weatherman! And most importantly, thank you to our Almighty Creator who knows how to just put a smile on my face!

Tonight when I was talking to my Dad he said, "How's the Floridian doing?"

I quickly responded with, "Please don't refer to me as that."

I guess I'm not okay with being a Floridian. I'm an Alabama girl at heart {No NOT the "school"}. Things are different here. Nobody waves in traffic when you let them over. Nobody says Please/Thank You/Have a Good Day. In fact, everytime I do, I get weird looks. There are no Historical Home Districts. The Churches are not beautiful {maybe one or two qualify as attractive}. You can never go down the main roads without seeing AT LEAST 5 cyclists and runners. Milos Sweet Tea is NOT sold in Grocery Stores here. Tailgaiting is exactly that {sittin on the tailgait of a truck and drink a beer...oh and if you're me, roll your eyes in disgust at all the girls walking around in cut off jean skirts and cut off jerseys. Don't they know what a game day dress is??}. There are NO home decor boutiques. The list goes on and on. And guys, I live in Northwest Florida. I can only imagine how terrible it gets the further south you go!

I do miss the "South." I miss so much about it, mostly all the people I love who live there. But I am grateful that it isn't too far away {only 3.5 hrs}. And Florida isn't too bad. A few perks of where I live.
-Did you read our forecast above??? Weather here is just fabulous 85% of the time.
-I'm less than an hour from the coast. And an easy 2 hours from Destin. Need I say more??
-There are many days that I "work" in Destin. Even the most stressful of days instantly get better when I see the water.
-The over abundance of FRESH seafood
-People instantly notice I am NOT Florida bred...and they LIKE it!!
-Canopy roads are everywhere. Live Oak Trees are beyond incredible and when they're on both sides of the road...pure Heaven
-Only 25 minutes from the most picturesque, friendly small southern town EVER...Thomasville, GA.

I guess there isn't too much to complain about.




No comments: