Sunday, January 31, 2010

Recent Kitchen Activities...

After a long day goofing off in Destin, today was perfectly boring. I did make my Sunday trip to Target to pick up the weekly necessities {dog food, milk, eyeliner, soap dispensers??}. You know, the things you absolutely MUST have to survive.

Anyway, I lounged around the house for the majority of the day. I must admit, it was quite luxurious to look at the clock and realize I was wearing PJ's at 2 pm. Definitely a rarity for this girl!!

Don't think I wasn't productive though. Both dogs were given haircuts. I must admit my dog grooming skills have really improved. What an easy way to save $80 a month!! Madison, however, disagreed. She had a little fight with the scissors {one I wish I had on video}.

I thought I'ld show you the little "projects" I've had going on in my kitchen. Please bear in mind that I did NOT pick out any of the following: appliances, cabinets, hardware {or lack thereof}, fixures, countertops. Ummm, basically anything that didn't come in the moving truck. Hey, I work with what I have.

061
Example A. The faucet. WHAT is this?? Could they not have sprung for one that doesnt have knobs like a bathroom sink? Guess not. Anyway, I was in Target last week and bought one of these soap dispensers. As soon as I got it home, I immediately regretted not buying two. Why? Because it is so cute but as soon as you put an ugly bottle of dish liquid next to it, the charm dies. So, I have 2 now. One for hand soap and one for dish soap. Stupid?? No, I'm the only one using them...I know which is which!!
060
And because my refrigerator was WAY overcluttered with things, I decided to bring some order to the chaos with some cork board tiles {3 of which have fallen due to the inadequate tape provided...spring for the heavy duty kind!!}. MUCH MUCH BETTER...if you ask me!
058
Yes, there are still the super girly, "hey I should be on a college girl's fridge" magnets. I just can't part with them....yet. And the postcard is by far my favorite thing. It makes me laugh EVERY time I see it. Thanks TIFF!!!
046
I had a friend over for dinner last weekend and decided to splurge with some flowers from Fresh Market. They really do make you feel good about yourself. At least they do me.
027
Moving to the living room. Hudson and Madison got gifts for being good sports with the haircuts {sidenote: this was taken as a before}. Old Navy had these two collars that I could NOT pass up for the rascals!!
037


Enough about H 180. More fun pretty things to come this week!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

First of all, LOVE that soap dispenser...I MUST GET ONE TOO! (We should totally live together because I love cinnamon raisin bread too) Anyhow, love that you love my postcard, always glad to put a smile on someone's face! I am also OBSESSED with fresh flowers and I insist that I always have them in the house, even if they are the $5 ones from WalMart. The collars are too cute and oh.. I MISS YOU!

Tiffany said...

oh and i just realized,( yes i'm still up, i can't sleep due to the nightmares i had last night,) that i have that same dish brush! michael graves target?!?!