Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not Quite As Glamorous...

Personally, I really like pictures that show a realistic view of the way someone actually lives. Not everything is glamorous. We don't all live in spotless homes that are perfectly decorated with nothing but beautiful things. We're all real with piles of mail and sugar/flour/coffee cannister sets with fingerprints on them. I can say this because I'm a clean freak and even I have these things!!

So when people post pictures about the realities of everyday living {i.e. PILES of laundry, messes children make, etc.} I feel a little more normal. Here's a little peak into my kitchen where things aren't perfect, but I love them all the same!

026
As college and first apartment on your own as it gets, I have pictures and scriptures along with cutesy/fun magnets on my refrigerator. I've been meaning to get some cork squares to make it look a little more organized and uniform, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Anyway, I rotate these pictures frequently {mostly depending on how often I actually have pictures printed}. I spend a good amount of time in my kitchen, so I like to have those I love with me in there!
031
You won't see a "junk tray" like this featured in Southern Accents. And you especially won't see a candle burned down to where it is flat. Call me a cheapo if you'ld like, but I LOVE the scent and it has been discontinued. So I'll burn it until it gives up!
025

And this scripture is posted front and center of the fridge. I saw this right before NYE on someone else's blog and I just decided this is going to be one of many scriptures I really hold close to my heart this year. I've almost got it memorized because I look at it so frequently. Just an FYI, this is a great way to memorize scripture. Keep them posted in places you will look at a lot. I have some on my desk at work as well as in my bathroom.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

No comments: