Saturday, January 30, 2010

Physical Therapy for a 5 Pound Dog??

This past week, my first yorkie {now my mother's pride and joy aka her 4th child} had to have surgery on her knees. Of course, this sent Mom into orbit. She was almost a basket case for the 2 days Lexington was at the vet. She visited with her and was beyond elated when she got to take her home. I happened to call her as soon as they were getting into the car. Needless to say, she sounded like she had just won the lottery!! For anyone wondering, Lexington is doing just fine. She will start her Physical Therapy sessions soon {don't get me started} and has been given the ultimate post op care complete with a Friday night car ride to McDonalds for some french fries.

I've been wanting to go home for a visit, but have been instructed that we are not allowed for another 3 weeks because Lexington cannot have any activity whatsoever. And with my two rascals, that would just set her over the edge. So we will have to wait a while before making a road trip. Until then, here are some pictures for the "grandparents."

I started out making a Madison and Hudson pictures only post since they can't visit anytime soon, but then I started to realize there are a bunch of other dogs I love as well. If I left any out, please don't take offense. I have 1000's of pictures saved on my computer and I literally spent 45 minutes looking through them for pupster pics!!

IMG_0694
Here's our morning routine {or it was until Hudson jumped off the balcony one day}.
163

IMG_0698
Ladies, he's single and ready to mingle.
IMG_0654
Here is Mr. Lundyman. This was taken back in August when my friend Lisa was in the hospital. Bless her heart, she was there for around 3 months so Lundy needed a temporary home. He stayed with us some and all 3 dogs had the best time together. I, unfortunately, had the responsibility of 3 dogs on a leash at once. Not as much fun. But I love Lundy. He's absolutely perfect!!
mom and Hudson
Here's Gramama with her grandson, Hudson. I mentioned she needs grandkids at one point. Can you tell??
IMG_0627
And the love of my life...my little Madison.
IMG_0603

IMG_0563

IMG_0492
We can't leave this one out. We miss Wyatt so much!! Wyatt is Ryan's sister's dog. For those of you wondering what breed he is, he is a Viszla. Wyatt would just randomly show up and Ryan's house to hang out. Since Ryan lived in the Carriage House on Heidi and Jamey's land, it wasn't too far away. These guys were the best of buds, although Wyatt wasn't so sure what to do with Hudson.
032
Little Lexington aka "Tinky."
n7014496_30175908_4781
Oh this is one of my all time favorite pictures EVER. Take me back to my college days in Ross Park!! Madison was still somewhat of a puppy. Here she is with Hampton {the chihuahua} and Buck {aka Uncle Buck}. They LOVED doing this.
n7014496_34215601_2673
Hampy again!!! We miss you little Wa!!
coosa
Here's sweet and pretty Coosa aka Cousin Coos. She's so sweet and LOVES Madison!!
035
And a picture of Mom with her pride and joy, Lexington.
218
And one last one. Here's Zita {aka Sassy ZiZi}. Jenny is one of my best friends and she's pictured here with her sister Margaret {holding Lexie}. Zita and Lexie were the best of buds when I lived in Auburn!!



No comments: