Friday, January 8, 2010

For the Sara(h)'s...

Two things to share today and both are devoted to the Sara(h)'s in my life!!



For my little sister...
And for the Caldwell...


Recently, Sara asked me my opinion on a color scheme for her guest bathroom. She has a major challenge with the green tile that she has to work with. I've been pondering it for a week and haven't had much luck coming up with a suggestion for her until I saw this month's copy of House Beautiful {which is my new favorite magazine, by the way}. I sent her an email last night from my blackberry because the internet was down, so I wasn't able to attach pictures. Sara, here's what I was talking about.
The picture on the left is the kitchen before, so just ignore it, obviously. But, I like this color scheme {obviously you'll have to change it just a bit to adapt to the tile}.
Same concept as in this bathroom, except yours would be flipped {warm white walls and green tile}
And replace the dark grey with a darker version of the tile you have and there's the color palette I think I would use if I were you. I'm no expert, so you probably will look at this and think, thanks for trying but no.

Anyway, hope everyone is staying safe and warm!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

Can I please hire you to come & decorate my house?! I love your idea for the green tile!