Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Come and Knock on my door...

So today, several of you came in through the clutch and actually gchatted me. And I have to say, my quality of life went up two or three points. Lots of fun things have been running through my head. So to say the hiatus is donezo is an understatement.

Stay tuned for some eye candy posts to follow. Mrs. Caldwell hooked us all up with a new blog I somehow hadn't discovered yet. And guys: IT. IS. GOOD.

In the meantime, while I get it all together, its time for a tour of my home away from home.

Welcome to my world. Its dull and boring but I'm making the most of it.

Destination: my humble office in the Non-profit world.



There she blows. My little sanctuary all in her glory. Filled with wonderment beyond belief. That or A LOT of work to be done. I was gracious enough to tidy up before the pictures were taken. So the mounds of binders, files, papers, etc. have been put in their homes. Ok, who am I kidding? This is done every night before I leave. I can't handle a messy office.

Remember that "souvenir?" There she is. I mean really. I said something French.

And because every office needs the three things on the bottom shelf: boom box, portable fan from my dorm room {jealous??} and febreeze Lavender.

What you don't see is that there are like 15 pages tacked together for every piece of paper. That's all the memo's from this week. Great. Look closely, you'll see my beloved: the spreadsheet pile.

Its really disgusting how OCD I am. I mean really gross.
And this is my catch all drawer translation condiment holder. That's right. If you need ketchup...you know where to go.
And my pile of jewelry that I always end up throwing off by the end of the day.
And my partner in crime that stays glued to my ear about 7 hours a day.


And to top off the embarassment, I thought I'ld post what a typical outfit looks like in the non profit world.
Listen, its not stylish. Its functional. I'm digging around, lifting tons of boxes, rearranging furniture and trying to be professional all the while. PS excuse the unmade bed. The snooze went off several times. And most importantly please excuse the unbrushed hair and unflattering pants. BACK OFF I'm in a size 6 now. THAT alone is worth it to me.

No comments: