Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Mookster...

You may or may not have notice that I've been somewhat on a blog hiatus. I just haven't had any creativity the past few days, so I figured a break was the next step.

Well hopefully, the creative juices will start flowing again and the hiatus will be over.

Last weekend, I went shopping with my Sassy and I tried on several rompers just to see what the rage is all about with this crazy trend. My sister laughed at me the whole time because none of them were cut right. But just like any other item of clothing, you have to find the style that is best suited for your figure. Mine does not necessarily agree with the awesome 80's parachute pants/shorts style. I'm still determined to find one that works. Maybe one of these Shopbop beauties??





The whole time while Sassy laughed at my brave failures, she would say, "I can't believe you're trying on a romper. I just always think of Shelby Mook when I hear that word." Outside of Sassy and maybe my mom, there is only one other person in this world who will appreciate this story. Caroline Davis, if you're reading this, you remember. If you know her, tell her I mentioned this and see if she laughs.

YEARS ago {we're talking right when Backstreet Boys released the album Millenium}, my family took a beach trip. I invited my BFF Caroline and Sassy invited her friend Shelby. The kid drove Caroline and me up the wall the whole time. EVERY day, the mookster BEGGED my mom to take her to that tacky tourist store Wings. And if I'm not mistaken, we went several times just to shut her up. She would always beg for three things: 1.a hermit crab 2. get her ears pierced & 3. a hair wrap. Well, my mom wasn't doing ANY of that even if her mom said it was okay. I'm laughing just typing this.

Caroline and I would joke for hours about what we would do if the Mookster brought home a hermit crab. As I recall, we planned on throwing the rodent off the balcony and when she asked where it was, we would say, "Oh. Was that. YOURS?!?!?" Needless to say, she was never invited on a trip with us again.

But at some point with those numerous Wings visits, Shelby bought the following items for her family: something airbrushed that said "Daddy's Girl" {was it a visor, coozie?? can't remember, but she asked them to write that}, cheap jewelry for her sister and a terry cloth romper for her mom.

We all gagged at how heinous it was. And now, I'm blogging about them.

So Mom, Dad, Sassy, C.Davis, you're welcome for this fun trip down memory lane...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

fyi. i have a free people romper and I LOVE IT. it's hard for me to find those because i have a long torso, but it's like a dress, you can throw it on and BAM you are ready to go! p.s. if you want one just to try, MILEY has cute ones at walmart for 16 bucks. worth a try!

The Cobbs said...

I'm seriously laughing out loud! I don't even know any of these people in your blog...aside from Sassy & your 'rents...but this was one funny story. I've even got Jeremy reading your blog as we speak because I was laughing so much. :)
I think we've all had an annoying friend like that...at one time or another. :)