Sunday, April 4, 2010

Weekend Recap...

Not too much exciting to share today. I'm winding down from a great weekend with all the people I love the most. I had a house full and loved playing "tour guide." Kinda. Honestly, it was nice just to have the family in my place.

It was really uneventful, but a wonderful Easter weekend. I took Friday off and SO glad I did. I can honestly say it has been over a year since I took a vacation day. TOTALLY serious!!

Had breakfast with Ry, cleaned the house, took the dogs to the park {working on the tan the natural way} and got ready for my parents and sister to arrive.

Saturday we had an AWESOME breakfast at The Broken Egg Cafe {still a family favorite}, went to Lowes to get some supplies to hang the GORGEOUS pieces of art my parents brought with them {no pictures, they're encased in glass so I'm still trying to figure out how to photograph them to post...any suggestions??}. Later went shopping with Sassy and came home to sit outside with Mom to read. A nice leisurely day.

This morning, Mom and I met Ry at Starbucks before he hit the road and I cannot think of a more perfect setting than that. The weather was perfection, the company was great and the coffee was exactly what I needed.

We then headed here...
I've been looking for a new church home and think I've found it!! I had found one this time last year but it was lacking a singles ministry {which I CLEARLY need} so I had to start from scratch {much like just about every other aspect of my life...that's what happens with a breakup...but the rebuilding process is amazing!!}. I felt right at home and cannot wait until next Sunday to go back.

On the way home, we rode down a GORGEOUS street in Tallahassee and here's what it looks like once you pass the beautiful old homes...
I can't help but love it here in the Spring. Its absolutely gorgeous every where you go. The azaleas are starting to bloom, there's green everywhere...simply amazing!!



No comments: