Monday, April 26, 2010

Highlight, summation, border drawn...comparison complete...

"Mondays Oh I hate Mondays...they make me so steamed." {Will Ferrell as the devil on SNL}

If you're like me, you hate Mondays. Because Mondays are like the WORST day of the week. After a nice relaxing weekend, I get thrown to the wolves the moment I walk through the door. I can't even put down my big bag of food {full of the week's groceries like hummus, bananas, off brand granola bars and pita chips, left overs to be devoured for lunch, and capri-suns...yeh I said it!!} without someone yelling at me. "Hey did you call so and so?? Blah Blah Blah." Geez, can't a girl just organize her groceries in peace?? And PS I still have 20 minutes before I'm supposed to be here, so I'm NOT here. Needless to say, the big shopping bag mom and dad brought to me as a "souvenir" {that they were handed in the Aruba airport...I'm on to you guys. I told you to bring me back something French and you brought me a red paper shopper that says "Little Switzerland" on it. You went to ARUBA...NOT Switzerland. I'm no fool!!} is still sitting in a pile amongst the days worth of cardigans that have started to pile up next to my desk in my office.

So it was only 8:40 and I had decided that I wanted to jump ship. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't abandon what I do {and secretly love for some reason...don't ask me why because there's a ZERO percent chance that I will be able to come up with a reason for you}. I just am starting to really like the idea of working at home. It isn't an option. DANGIT. But if it were, I could GUARANTEE you that the souvenir wouldn't be piled up for weeks on end and my cardigans would stay hung up in the closet where they belong. And I should really hope that my office would be as posh as these...


And the best part is, I would be the best friend ever! I would actually be able to gchat when I wanted. PS I love me a good gchat. So for you lurkers out there who are scared to speak up {Im not scary I promise}, if you're on gmail...email/chat me...PUUUUUHLEASE...it helps me get through the day. Email your girl: rachel.machen@gmail.com

And most importantly, if I were to have my office, I wouldn't be afraid to BLAST my music the way I want. Perfect example: I could so make me some spreadsheets right now jamming to "what a girl wants" {take me back to my high school days riding around with my friend Megan in the postal jeep:) }. By the way, I love me a spreadsheet. Quote me on it. Ask the co-workers. I LOVE spreadsheets. Que the phone beeping loudly with my boss on the other end. "Hey Rachel, do you know what the cancelation rate was for this one person at the end of 4/30/09 was??" {everyone rolls their eyes and says, "UM no...who knows that?"}. "Why yes I do. Let me pull up that spreadsheet." Highlight, summation, border drawn. Insert this week's numbers. Copy/paste...comparison complete...all in 30 seconds. TOP that grotskys!! It just warms my heart thinking about all the goodness of Excel.

Ok I'm done now. And disgusted at myself all at the same time...

No comments: