Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mrs. Whatley and Mrs. Potter...

I wish that we had digital cameras when we were kids. I wish they were around for High school. Because goodness the treasure of pictures I would have. And oh how I would plaster those anywhere I could.

It sure would make for some fun interview pictures. But I stuck to the disposable cameras and now I have NOTHING to show for it. No proof of all the crazy memories I have with this girl...

Meet Sara. She's been one of my greatest friends ever since the day she came with her family to my lake house right before fifth grade started. She was AWESOME.
She told me that she had to shave her legs and helped me realize how uncool I was going to be on the first day back to school. I started my campaign right then and there to join the rest of civilization and jump on the smooth legs bandwagon. Of course, my mother said no and made me go to the first day with hairy legs. She made me a deal. If I was the ONLY one who hadn't picked up a razor yet, she'ld let me take the plunge. I was utterly humiliated to take my man legs to Mrs. Shelley's class. I mean, WHAT was the woman thinking??

What I didn't realize was that I looked like a complete 5 year old still. I was scrawny and mother nature wasn't going to take her course on me for many many years to come. But Sara, dangit, Sara looked like a woman. How does this happen, I kept thinking. My BFF was tall and womanly and there I was 4 foot 9 and 80 lbs. I looked disgusting. And now, I'ld love to get back to that weight range :)

Anyway, Sara was definitely that friend that introduced me to the world of being a lady. Bless her heart, having to deal with me like that. I was such a child. But the best part is....so was she!! I specifically remember getting into AOL chat rooms in sixth grade telling random guys that we were 14 and 34 C's. And the morons took the bait!!

Fast forward to tenth grade. Sara got a boyfriend.

WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST!?!?!?

A boyfriend?? What am I supposed to do now??

Fortunately, I became friends with the class ahead of us who was BFF's with her Boyfriend, so we were always together. She was the only other youngin' in the group and I couldn't pick anyone else I would rather it to have been.

Fast forward to college. As all college freshman do, we branched out and made new friends. But we stayed good friends.

FAST FORWARD to July 26, 2008. I was down in Tallahassee visiting a friend and had JUST met Ryan the night before. I get a phone call that Saturday morning and I KNEW what that call was about. "Rachel I have some news for you." "OH MY GOSH, Tell me you're getting married!!!" "Yes!!!!! And he proposed on a cookie cake."

Perfect!!!

Now, let me just say this right here and now. No single girl loves this call. Just another reminder that hey, I'm still single. But this call was completely different. I was ECSTATIC for her!! On cloud nine, no lie. I will never ever ever forget that day. That day changed both of our lives forever!!

And let me say this right here and now. Its a rarity to really like the man your best friend is marrying. You only want the best for her. So its really hard to fall head over heals for him. But oh my gosh the moment I met Tyler...my heart just melted.

The kid came at me with a big sincere hug and it was like I had known him for years! Tyler, you are by far one of the most incredible guys alive!! You have every single quality I would hope Sara's husband would have and so so so much more. You are kind and lively. You love Sara's friends as if they're your own {yet another rarity for husbands} and you know the importance of her keeping these silly friends!! Gosh I would hug you right now if I could. AND you have the most incredible taste in engagement rings!! Good LORD that ring is incredible!!

So, the planning began for her wedding and Sara was the best bride ever. She remained calm the whole time. Right up to five minutes before the aisle when she was chompin on a sandwhich {no lie}. That was hands down the most incredible wedding I have EVER been to. Hands down. I enjoyed every single moment!!

So naturally, I HAD to get an interview from Sara. I can't put into words how much fun she is. I really can't but I can tell you this. She is one of the greatest people in this world. So this interview does her NO justice. Sara, you are incredible! I love you more than anything!! I sure hope we're 90 years old and still good friends sitting in our rockers laughing at our silly stories!!

Here's a little questionnaire for Mrs. Caldwell:

1. If you had a talk show, who would your first 3 guests be?
Jill Zaren, Caesar Milan, Matisyahu

2.What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
When Cole Simon threw my Arrid XXX around our 6th grade classroom (I was a bit young for such strong deo don't you think?)

3.You're stuck in an elevator with three people for hours. Who would you want to be stuck with? Tyler (sorry but he is good with dealing with my panic attacks), a pharmaceutical rep with plenty of anti anxiety samples, and a soccer mom with a purse full of snacks

4. If you were about to die, what would your last meal be?
meatloaf

5. When you were a little girl, where did you see yourself at 26?
When I was little I thought 16 year olds were adults so I can't say I thought much about 26

6. Favorite thing you own?
my Keurig coffee maker

7. What are your goals this year?
to get this dog not to pee everywhere and chew on everything (I am a bit short sited right now)

8. Do you believe in love at first site?
eh, how about crush at first site

9. What is one thing that makes you YOU?
I research the heck out of everything, have you ever wondered what a cashew plant looks like? I have.

10. If you were to be described in three words, what would they be?
Anal retentive, blunt, and I hope people think I'm funny.

11. Where is your favorite place to shop?
TJ Maxx

12. If you had to choose, would you rather decorate your home or fill
up your closet?
oh my gosh that is so hard, how about a half filled closet and a few rooms with no furniture?

13.What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
I gave blood and got married


14. What places are on your list for your travels?
Turkey, Croatia, back to Spain, Maine maybe.

15. QUICK...Fill in the blank:
My life would be complete if .....I was LOADED and had big boobs! (you can censor that if you need to but it was the first thing that came to my head!)

Isn't she just awesome?? And that's her amazing little son right there. Sara, I love that you're asking me all these puppy training questions. I really do!! Its one of a very few things I can actually do!!
Oh holy whoa!! I was a wilderbeast here!! I mean WhOA!!
And I'll leave you with one last picture that just sums her all up!!

Sara, you are one of my all time favorite people in this world. That will never change!!


1 comment:

Sara Caldwell said...

A. That made me cry and I'm not even hormonal!
B. I probably shaved more in 5th grade than I do now!
C. Totally not related but Strongbow gave me a Kumquat tree for my birthday! What a great son I have!
Thanks Mrs. Potter!