Monday, May 3, 2010

20 days...


So several months back, I dropped several lbs. Fourty to be exact. And while I'm very proud of myself and love how all my clothes actually are loose when they never used to zip, I've come to the realization that I need to tone up.

Let's be realistic here. I'm not getting any younger. In fact I'll be 26 in 20 days {DANGIT!!!}. And gravity is a mean old guy. And I've somehow got to rope in a man. So these arms and thighs are begging for some tough love.

I started a pilates series last night. And I'm feeling it. In a good way. That soreness that reminds me that I have muscles that are normally abandoned. AND I just checked out the On Demand Fitness and they have TONS of workouts. Who doesn't love a good free workout? Now THAT is my way of saving money!!

SO, the goal is to actually not stare at pictures and gag. I want some toned arms and legs. Its gonna be tough, but I'm a hard worker in everything I do. So, this will be no different. When my muscles were burning last night, I reminded myself that I can do ANYTHING for a few minutes. What an amazing difference it makes to look at it like that.

I'll keep you posted...hold me accountable!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

That is awesome!!! 40 pounds?!!! That's a huge deal!! I've been struggling to lose my baby weight...I have about 18 pounds left to go. I gained 80 when I was preggo. There, I said it! I will most certainly keep you accountable!!! YOU can do it!!
Whenever I go to work out, I just try not to think about it before...or else I'll talk myself out of it! Just think, it's such a small part out of your day, and you'll be so happy you did it after it is all over with!!
Pilates is some serious stuff!! I'm so proud of you!