Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All Mixed Up...

Where have I been?

Not blogging {against my choices of course} and WORKING. I've been thinking about all of you though. LOTS.

I'm not going to lie...this has been a heavy week for my heart. So many sad things have happened to some of the people I care about the most, so I just haven't been in the best of spirits. And since this blog is my escape, I usually try to keep it positive around here. Since I'm still learning of new followers, I'm not sure who all follows this. So to the ones I'm talking about, you know who you are. And I've stayed in constant prayers for you this week!!

Its been a challenging week, full of every emotion, but I continue to feel overwhelmingly blessed. Blessed to have my health. Blessed to have my family. Blessed to have friends {scattered everywhere in the U.S.}. Blessed to have food and shelter and so much more than I deserve. This week, I've been yanked back into reality and once again I've been reminded that all the things I was so concerned about are NOTHING in comparison to what is most important. Wondering how all the bills will get paid and stressing about 60 hour work weeks matter none in the big scheme.

I'm not sure where this is all coming from. Just heavy on my heart right now.

EARLY this morning, I had coffee with Ryan's mother. It was incredibly refreshing. To be able to share that time was a true gift. It was a sureal moment that felt like I had pushed flash forward from last July and was watching my future self while I was in the state of devestation. How I wished I could have been able to have done that back then. To be able to fast forward to May 2010 and see myself having that exact conversation. Laughing, crying, etc. And all the while HAPPY. What an amazing blessing. NEVER in a million years did I see that coming, but God is good and it was just the best therapy I needed right then and there. She kept saying to me, "something is different about you...and its really good." I am different. I don't even know that girl she knew. She asked me what happened to me that gave me this inner joy. And all I could tell her was this...the best thing that has ever happened to me was that I didn't get what I wanted.

So, to all you sweet friends out there who have held my hands with me down this long road...a million thank yous. You helped pull me through and now I'm back on top of the world and soaking up EVERY moment!!

OK ENOUGH of the sappiness...

MOVING ON...

Last weekend, my mom surprised me and treated me to a new outfit. Since I'm BEYOND obsessed with Ann Taylor Loft these days, I knew where I wanted to go. It was really hard to choose but this is what I went with. I call it my Tiffany Clemons Dress...

I swear I felt as though I was wearing pajamas to work on monday. Paired with an over the top necklace, flats and a white cardigan...My T Clems dress did not disappoint!!

PREPARE YOURSELF.

I know the pictures are small, sorry for that. But take a sneak peek at some of the looks that left me drooling...




































1 comment:

Crystal said...

I am one of the afore mentioned new followers and also one with an extremely heavy heart. Thanks for this week of listening, conversation, and understanding. Way more than a co worker...Faith is called that because we can't see it but still believe in it. My faith is what is left after this week. I can't imagine needing much more right now anyway.